Healthy Cooking Tips
A lot of people love to eat, for some reason or the other. People eat when hungry which is obviously good, but there are people who eat all the time. Whether its when they are angry, happy, excited or even sad.
We fill ourselves with food and mostly its just something that almost helps to fill the void in ourselves. However, with all the extra food we eat we risk gaining extreme amounts of weight, increase our risk of heart attacks, diabetes and risk our lives by increasing our cholestrol level.
Now, I’m not here to tell you to not eat, but here are a few ideas that can help you reduce your chances of risking your life and still eat as much as you want.
Now to cook in a healthy manner you don’t need to be a gourmet or experienced chef, you don’t need the expensive and best technologies to cook. You can keep your methods simple and basic and still cook and live healthy!
One of the most important ways is to cook the food in a healthy manner, for example; reduce the fat in the food before cooking, reduce your intake of sodium, and choosing a healthier way of cooking. The methods described in this article ensure that your food is healthy and still tastes good without adding any excess fats or salts. In short its healthy and still delicious!
Simple Healthy Food Recipes
- Healthy Food Recipes
A healthy diet doesnt necessarily include boiled vegetables and meat. A healthy diet, rather, is a fat free diet which is rich in proteins, carbohydrates and important vitamins and minerals.
How To Make French Toast
- How To Make French Toast
The surface a satisfying light golden interlaced with the richest of browns, the sugar caramelized and gritty in places, smelling heavenly of vanilla, there is something about French toasts that is beyond expression.
Reduce The Fat
- Spruce all visible fat from the meat and drain out all the extra fat from cooked meat. Skim fats from foods like stock, soup and stews.
- Using egg whites instead of whole eggs can help you remove at least one third of the fats or oil in many recipes.
- Other ways of reducing fats are to use natural sweets instead of rela sugar, its easy really, just replace the sugar with mashed banana or stewed apple.
- Exchange saturated fats with reasonable amounts of unsaturated fats, one example is to use a good quality of olive oil spread instead of better, it tastes better even if it is a little bit more heavy on the pocket. You can also use guacamole instead of cream cheese and instead of using a chocolate spread you can use a peanut butter spread, its not only tasty but also very healthy.
- If you worked hard enough following the previous ways then don’t be silly enough to fry the food. Think smart, and don’t add any excess fat while cooking and use healthy cooking methods – grill, steam or bake instead of roasting or frying, make use of non-stick pans which do not need to be greased or oiled and add a little stock as an alternative for oil while cooking. When adding fat, use the smallest amount feasible.
Reduce The Sodium
- Make an effort to not add any extra salt to your food while you are eating and obviously while you are cooking.
- Exert your self control and make sure your intake of ready-made processed foods and take-aways is minimum.
- Prefer to use lower salt options of packet foods - 0.6g of sodium or 1.5g salt is a high salt content. 0.1g of sodium and or 0.3g salt is a low salt content.
Simple BBQ Recipe
- The Ultimate BBQ Recipe
Well there are obviously man blogs out there offering quality recipes to the world cuisine but I think Pakistani food is one you would really like to taste.
- How To Make Pancakes
A delicious moment for breakfast and snack lovers is when they get different foods for them. Pan cakes are usually thought to be very delicious and scrumptious item to be added to the menu.
Be Sure To Read The Labels
Obviously, you need to know you are eating, so read the back of the product before eating, strain your eyes a little. Read on the nutitional value and check the calorie level. It will only help you further in keeping healthy.
Using Naturally Low Fat Foods Can Help Too!
Fruit, vegetables, complex carbohydrates, pulses and lean protein sources are all naturally low in fat. Just imagine if you ate foods naturally low in fat you won’t ever have to worry about weight gain at all.
Try Not To Overcook
When preparing vegetables and potatoes, be careful so as to not to overcook them as this only succeeds in reducing their nutritional value. Steaming is the most excellent means of food preparation for your vegetables to preserve their nutrients.
Leave The Skins On!
Leaving the skins on your fruits and vegetables will increase your fibre intake and facilitate you to feel fuller for longer period of time.
I’ve helped by giving you some good ways to eat healthy, but there are always ways to improve your health. So go ahead and read new healthy cooking books, because remember your life can only matter to you!
Desserts And Shakes Recipe
- Asian Desserts
The Asian cuisine is famous for its uniqueness and diversity. It consists of a variety of dishes each representing the different cultures of this colorful continent.
- Ultimate Sweet Tooth Recipes
These are some of the best and easy to make sweet tooth recipes that will definitely satisfy you appetite for sweetness.
- About Lassi And Some Lassi Recipes
Pakistani cuisine is as diverse as its people. Among the drinks or beverages consumed in Pakistan, lassi, is quite popular.
More by this Author
In medical terms a shock is a condition in which various cells of the body fail to receive enough oxygen as there is an insufficient supply of blood to the entire body parts. Shock is an extremely dangerous and a...
The people discussed in this article are those brave and heroic people who have achieved a lot of success in their lives despite of all the hindrances they faced being physically disabled. These valiant people have...
History is full of legends that still mystify and entertain. These legends come from cultures all over the world. Some are held as strong beliefs, while others have faded away with time. The...