Help For Excessive Gas And Bloating
Although burping, passing gas and bloating can be considered normal, there are cases when they start getting out of hand and interfering with your normal day-to-day activities.
In case of excessive gas and bloating, it could be an indication of a more serious health problem.
Possible Causes for Bloating
Bloating can be attributed to gas buildup in the intestines and stomach. It is usually accompanied by mild to intense abdominal pain.
The pain can be relieved with either a bowel movement or passing gas. Some of the reason for these gas buildups are:
- Intake of too much fat!
- Anxiety or Stress (It's true!)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lactose Intolerance
- And Other Intolerances
Possible Causes for Excessive Gas
If you are experiencing extreme flatulence or gas, it is most likely caused by the foods you have eaten. In some rare cases it is because of something else, like a colon disease or a certain condition.
Excessive gas is typically caused because of undigested food being fermented in the colon and your digestive tract having difficulty in breaking down the food.
Other possible causes include:
- Swallowed air migrating to your stomach
- Food residue ending up in your colon
- Same as in bloating, intolerances!
To avoid gas buildups and all that comes with it you should try:
- Avoid fatty foods!
- Eat and chew slowly maximizing the enzymes released by your mouth.
- Eat more vegetables (even though they sometimes do lead to gas, but they're good for you)
- Eat more fruits
- Avoid processed food and other junk foods
If these simple tips don't seem to help you can look at over-the-counter options like:
- Simethicone or other antacids - it breaks gas bubbles and helps relieve bloating, gas and stomach pain.
- Alpa-Galactosidase enzyme - Helps your stomach breakdown complex carbohydrates.
You can also throw in a herbal supplement like psyllium husk, which has been proven to help and improve colon health because of its fiber content.
Hopefully this short but concise article on excessive gas and bloating was satisfactory and will help you live a healthier life!