Helpful tips to avoid getting your eyebrows singed off
So, I was just reading in the news today about a man who singed his eyebrows off while tampering with someone else’s van. Follow this link to read more about it.
It just occurred to me that I’ve heard about this happening several times in the past few months.. You can even do a simple Google search and see how common this phenomenon is. I began thinking about this and decided I should write out a quick list that could create an escalated awareness of eyebrow safety.
Following is a list of things not to do to so you can avoid having your eyebrows singed off:
1) Never bring your face down to a bbq grill, while it’s lit, to smell food that’s cooking on it. I know it’s tempting to get a whiff of your favorite foods as they’re cooking, but resist it. There is something about taking in the wonderful aroma of bbq coals, the meat, seasoning and the smoke containing A1 Steak marinade, but beware!
2) If you smoke, never try to light your cigarette, cigar or pipe in an open fire, such as one found in a fireplace. You just never know when a flame will come flare out and get you when you least expect it. And the first thing to go will be your eyebrows.
3) Never try and curl your eyebrows with a curling iron. I know this seems like a common sense issue, but some people have and will attempt this. There is no end to people making crazy efforts to show off a new style, no matter how bizarre it would seem.
4) Refrain from using a baseboard heater to dry your bangs after washing your hair. Please do not ever resort to this if your hair-dryer dies on you. You’re better off just letting them dry on their own!
5) Never use a Bunsen burner to trim those pesky nose hairs that extend out for everyone to see, touch and feel. It’s not that this is not effective, it’s really more that sometimes you can miss and the flame overshoots and burns your eyebrows instead.
6) Be careful when opening a bag of popcorn you just cooked in a microwave. Those kernels, butter and steam are much hotter than you think. If your face is too close……those freshly plucked eyebrows could melt clean off.
7) Do not use a flame-thrower to light a box of Saturn missle fireworks. Just use the wicks provided and lighter or match. A flame-thrower, although exciting to watch at a 4th of July party, is not recommended in this application at all.
8) Don’t try and weld on a fake eyebrow ring with a soldering iron. Just get it pierced for real!
9) Do not use Clorox bleach to dye your eyebrows blond. It’s cheap, but will cost you dearly in the end.
10) Resist the urge to grab a bite of chicken, with your teeth, off of a serving dish of fajitas from Azteca. There’s a reason the waiter/waitress tells you the plate is hot.
Anyway, those are just few practical tips to keep in mind. The last thing you want to do is to have great intentions, but end up looking like a freak of nature.
More by this Author
Are you a bitter old person, or maybe on your way to becoming one? Is your anti-social behavior actually morphing the everyday, ho-hum look on your once beautiful mug to a bitter-beer face?
Everyone loves salsa!