Herbal Homemade Face Packs For That Radiant Wrinklefree Skin
Beautiful Liz Taylor As Cleopatra! Radiant Skin!
Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder!
Yes, beauty is all about how we present ourselves, well dressed and articulate, be it an interview, a party, your colleagues, or just for your own self esteem. To be confident, it is therefore extremely important not to just to be well groomed, but also healthy looking. And of course, your face is your biggest asset and needs to be clean and sport a glowing complexion. Being free from acne, discoloration and wrinkles gives you an added confidence and radiates a positive outlook. If the facial skin is not healthy, no amount of makeup can cover up the flaws and you need to reapply in order to be confident.
How To Keep Your Facial skin Healthy And Glowing
- Wash face atleast twice a day. Avoid soap. Use a good facewash that balances ph of the skin.
- Use different facepacks as given below atleast once a week.
- Keep yourself well hydrated during the day. It is beneficial to drink your first glass of water every morning soon after brushing teeth as toxins are washed out and you will never be constipated-one of the main reasons for cause of acne.
- Avoid oily and fried foods at all cost if you have oily skin .This tends to leave you with a pimply face. Never pinch the pimples,scars are difficult to remove.
- Always remove any traces of makeup before going to bed. Allows skin to breathe.
- Use good quality makeup products and avoid any that cause even the slightest irritation.
- Get enough sleep everyday and relax.
- Be stress free! Play a game, watch relaxation videos, take nature walks, meditate, do yoga.
- Eat freshly cooked food with no preservatives. Consume fresh fruits and vegetables for a good supply of antioxidants. Include greens.
Herbal Face Packs From The Indian Kitchen
Natural Fruit-based Face Packs
What is a facepack and How to apply it ?
Facepack is usually a mixture of naturally available ingredients, ground or mashed to make a smooth paste.
- Wash face and pat dry.
- Apply the fresh paste with a brush evenly to cover all the pores.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
You will feel the tingle of freshness as the pores are opened and exfoliation has taken place with all dead and dry skin falling off.
Benefits of using a facepack regularly
- Blood circulation is improved giving you a radiant healthy glow that no chemically based facepack could give.
- Nourishes the skin and enhances beauty
- Cleanse and tauten the entire face
- The fresh fruit and vegetable juice provide the necessary enzymes that help tone and rejuvenate the skin
- Antioxidants prevent ageing. You can be wrinkle free!
- You can do it yourself at home
- Inexpensive too!
How To Use Fruit Masks For Added Glow
When working in the kitchen save up all the vegetable and fruit peels-these can be pulverized in the mixer to a smooth paste and applied on the face.
Fruit Based Face Packs
Choose your fruit according to season and freshness. Fruit masks are highly invigorating for all skin types.
Apple Mask : Peel & slice half an apple; liquidize in blender with 1 tbsp honey, one egg yolk, 1tbsp ascorbic acid, vinegar & 2 tbsp oil. Apply this smooth paste onto face and neck and let dry. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Strawberry Mask : Mash 3 large strawberries and apply this as a face mask. After 10 minutes, wash off with rose water. Skin becomes shining as strawberries contain ascorbic acid and is slightly acidic.
Banana Mask : Mash a ripe banana adding a little honey to make a smooth paste. Apply this on face and wash off to get a lightening porcelain effect on skin.
Orange Mask : Mix some orange juice with some milk and apply all over face and neck. This leaves soft and smooth skin.
Avocado Mask : Mash up a ripe avocado and apply this pulp all over face and neck for 15-20 minutes. Rinse first with warm water and then with cold water to close pores.
Grape Mask : Split a couple of grapes and rub them all over the face and neck. Wash off with cold water.
Tomato Mask : 50 ml tomato juice mixed with 1 tsp of lime juice used as face pack leaves skin smooth and glowing.
Face Packs To Rejuvenate Your Skin
Cleopatra attributed her beauty to her ritual of bathing in asses' milk. Milk, cream and curd are all good to use on one's face to keep it moist and smooth,apart from giving it a healthy glow.
Below, are a few face packs that are used by beauty conscious women all over the world.
A Quick Mask :2 tbsp household starch mixed with 1 tbsp warm milk to form a smooth paste. Apply for a smooth and firm skin. Wash after 10 minutes.
Mud Pack : Take some Fuller's earth, mix with 2 tbsp rose water, 1 tbsp glycerine, 1 tomato juiced. Mix all to form a mud paste. Apply and leave on face to dry. Wash off with milk. Skin is left smooth and shining.
Cleansing Scrub :1 tbsp honey plus 2 tbsp ground almond paste and 1/2 tsp lime juice mixed and applied all over the face and neck. Scrub gently and wash off with warm water 20 minutes later. Great exfoliating agent.
Skin Moisturizer : Into 1 cup of yogurt , add 1 tbsp orange juice mixed with 1 tbsp lime juice .Apply and wash off after 20 minutes. Enhances complexion.
Dry Skin Mask :Mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey acts as a moisturizer and cleanser.
Tangy Mask : Liquidize 1/2 a cucumber,strain out the juice, add 2 tbsp mint juice, 1/2 tsp lime juice, 2-3 drops of vinegar and apply.
Neem Mask : Fresh Neem leaves are ground to a paste and applied. This is an antiseptic and removes fungal infection and scars.
More by this Author
The Indian culture is vibrant with several customs being followed along the length and breadth of India. Tonsuring or shaving the head is one such custom. And there are many beliefs to support this according to one's...
Did you know that your feet hold the key to your overall energy and well being? Absolutely! Apart from providing you balance as you walk or run, the feet can be the right place to bring relief to most ailments you may...
I took this picture very early in the morning while the lady of the house was drawing this festive rangoli. The unfinished design shows earthern pots with rice being cooked and sugar canes, which are part of every...