Tips for happiness & emotional wellbeing
- · Love with all your heart.
- · Enjoy your family
- · Think before you act: ‘is this in my best interest?”
- · Stay positive, hopeful & open.
- · Change negative self talk.
- · Have a ‘yes i can’ attitude.
- · Don’t entertain excuses.
- · Think positively about yourself.
- · Get passionate about your dreams and don't give up, you are as capable and successful as your passion and effort.
- · Accept your weaknesses as well as your strengths.
- · Set reasonable goals.
- · Encourage your ‘can do’ attitude by trying and by encouraging others.
- · Praise yourself and take a pride in your achievements.
- · Be your own biggest fan.
- · Be honest with yourself and others.
- · Trust yourself; ask for help when you need it.
- · Take 20 minutes a day to praise yourself for anything you have achieved in That day ~ (even if it was just getting out of bed).
- · Respect yourself.
- · Don’t try to be someone else.
- · Love the unique person you are. no-one else is exactly like you.
- · Make your own miracles happen by believing in yourself.
- · A small step each day toward your goals makes giant strides in the long run. Action makes all things happen.
- · See the funny side in things and try not to take yourself or stuff too seriously - enjoy a good belly laugh and share humor and joy.
- · Avoid being reactive and impulsive; take control before you get upset. when you are angry & upset (reactive), it’s like giving someone else the remote control to your feelings and saying "here, change my mood any time you wish!"
- · Be proactive; think before getting angry. use positive language and positive thinking and your actions will be positive – this puts the control back into your own hands.
- · You are free to choose whichever behavior you want, no-one else can make you feel, think or behavior unless you let them.
- · Avoid blaming: people, places, and things. power comes from accepting things as they are. we can only change ourselves ~ no-one else.
- · Remember, life is a gift (we don't remember asking for) and we don't know how long we have (to touch, love, live, create and evolve) on this amazing earth. so, why not make the most of it.
- · Stay open to love and keep on giving, hoping, learning, reaching, trying, praying, trusting and believing.
Copyright © Helen Lewis 2009
More by this Author
Hubs are scored. This affects almost all people. This hub addresses how the scoring affects the writers.
A realistic appraisal of a recent cruise to 8 Caribbean Islands.
I once 'fire-walked' by mistake (there was a smoldering grey fire on the beach that I absentmindedly walked over. I wasn't impressed. I think I'd rather have a glass of wine to relieve stress - and you?