Remedies For Snoring - Home Remedies For Snoring
Did you know that nearly 50% of all adults snore occasionally? And 25% percent of adults are habitual snorers! Snoring is a problem found to be more common in males and the overweight. Unfortunately, snoring can also grow worse, the older you get.
While many people consider surgery as one of the top remedies for snoring, this isn't for everyone. Surgery will usually involve cutting out part of your soft palate, which can flap about in your throat while you sleep. However, i would like to concentrate on more traditional home remedies for snoring.
One of the home remedies for snoring you could try is to strengthen your soft palate rather than having it cut out! Try the following exercises and practice them for up to 10 minutes a day!
- Open your mouth as wide as possible, hold for for 5 seconds and then relax.
- Pucker up your lips as though you are going to kiss someone and hold for 5 seconds and then relax.
- Make the biggest smile you can, again hold for 5 seconds and then relax.
- Close your lips tightly and press together firmly
- Stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold and then relax
- Stick your tongue out again and as far to the left as possible, hold and then repeat to the right side.
- Stick your tongue out and try and touch your nose, hold, and then try and touch your chin and hold and then relax.
Repeat each exercise 5-10 times everyday.
Other remedies for snoring may involve altering your sleeping position. Many people snore when they sleep on their back. This may be due to some of your air passages becoming blocked in this position. Prop some pillows against your back in order to keep yourself sleeping on your side.
One of the most common remedies for snoring would be to cut down on alcohol. Alcohol has a relaxing quality, the same as any depressant. This will relax your throat and neck areas which can lead to snoring.
Avoid all dairy products before you go to bed. Milky drinks or yoghurt can lead to a build up of mucus, which can cause you to snore.
Additionally sleeping with to many pillows can put your neck at a sharp angle, which can lead to air constriction or blockages causing you to snore.
The above are some of the tried and tested home remedies for snoring.
Ways To Stop Snoring
- Ways To Stop Snoring
Has snoring become a problem for you? Snoring is not only an annoying fact of life for you, but it may also be affecting others in your life. Snoring can also be a symptom of sleep apnea. Other symptoms of sleep apnea include, heart problems, high..
More by this Author
Ten great tips to help get rid of acne fast.
- 14Stop Smoking Marijuana - 5 Incredible Benefits To Look Forward To When You Finally Stop Smoking Marijuana
Many people would love to stop smoking marijuana because they finally realise that it's becoming harder to control their habit and it is indeed taking control of their life. I will openly admit that not everyone...