Home Remedies To Help Chase Away Your Cough
Why do I keep couging?
Coughing - obviously an underlying problem of an actual problem. But why does it happen? When we cough, our bodies are attempting to expel irritants like bacteria and toxins off the surface of the respiratory tract. So basically, your body is fighting off a bug and trying to get toxins out of your mucous membranes before the bug gets worse. So what's the worst thing you can do to a cough? Surpess it. What's the best thing you can do for a cough? Take action aganist the actual problem that is causing it. These natural cures are sure to help you do just that.
1. Pepper Mix. Combine 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp of honey, couple pinches of ginger, and 2 1/2 tbsp of water. Mix and drink this periodically for a congested cough.
2. Orange Juice Mix. Take a cup of OJ and warm up. Then mix a coupe tsp of honey and drink up. This should being soothing your throat and relieving your cough.
3. Lemon, Garlic & Ginger Tea. Combine a few pinches of grated ginger, 1/2 fresh lemon, 1 clove of mashed garlic, big spoonful of honey, and a cup of water. Mix together and boil. Once heated, set aside until cool then drink. This tea will open up your chest and nasal passages.
4. Onion Juice Remedy. Take a tsp of onion juice and a tsp of honey mixed to quiet down a nagging cough.
5. Shower Steam. If you stand and breath the steam from a shower, it'll help to loosen the mucus and soothe inflamed windpipes in your lungs.
6. Thyme. If you can purchase fresh Thyme and make a tea out of it, it will help to suppress your cough. It's great for coughs that keep attacking the lungs at night during sleep.
7. Vicks Vapor Rub. The menthol in the Vicks helps to stop the need for coughing. Put a generous amoung of Vicks on the bottom along with socks of your feet right before going to bed.
8. Oregano & Ginger Tea. Boil some leaves from fresh Oregano with water for 10 minutes to make your tea while adding sliced ginger to it.
9. Eucaluptus Steam. Boil some water and add Eucaluptus oil or leaves. Steep for 5 minutes and cover your face with a towel for the steam. It works wonders for coughs.
10. Marshmallow Tea. This is one of the best natural cures for a cough. The mashmallow leaves combined with water coats the throats and thins the mucus in the lungs making it easier to cough up.
It's always better to experiment with natural remedies than with antibotics that can be more harmful than helpful. Remember to do your research on any remedies you've never heard of that involves herbs. They are to be used with caution but when used in moderation can be highly effective. Don't allow your voice to be strained by constant coughing. Let these methods help you loosen the mucus in your throat coughing up every bit of it while doctoring you to good health, fast.
More by this Author
Headaches, being one of the world's most common ailments, targets our territory-the head-at some point or another in our lives. The reason for the headache varies. Some headaches like migraines are caused by reduced...
Sore throats can be nasty. It makes speaking difficult and eating as well as drinking undesirable. With so many rushing down the store aisles seeking instant relief, we seem to miss out on the home remedies we can...
You know, good information is pretty hard to find. But trust me, you don't have to be a Dr. Spock to earn money for what you know. You just have to be willing to use a little of your time and your skills to get others...