Home Remedies for Minor Burns that Actually Work
Ouch! I Burned Myself.
The pain from a burn despite the category can seem unbearable. First-degree burns affect the outer layer of the skin. If a burn reaches the point of blistering and swelling, it's at the second degree. This means that the first layer of skin has burned completely through also burning the second. Third degree burns affects all layers of the skin as well as muscle, bones, and fat. Never neglect medical attention if you feel the need. However, for some instant relief and help along the way, these home remedies are sure to come in handy.
1. Salt & Oil (any type). While this may sound odd, salt is known to not only stop blisters associated with burn but it'll also quickly decrease the pain.
2. Toothpaste (must be one with fluoride). I know another odd one. But for some reason, it works. The next time you have a minor burn, try it. You won't be sorry you did.
3. Baking Soda & Water. Make a paste with those ingredients and then apply over the burn, along with some type of clothe to wrap around and hold it in place.
4. Raw Honey. It's full of natural enzymes that'll help to absorb your body's dead flesh while working to stop the pain and heal the skin that's been damaged from your burn.
5. Butter. While it may be cold from sitting in your fridge it actually works to seal in the heat from your burn and provide you with relief.
6. Egg whites. You can soak or coat the burned area in egg whites. As long as the egg whites are wet, you should not feel any pain from the burn. Keep reapplying as it dries to relieve the pain as well as prevent scarring from the burn.
7. Yellow Mustard. Works almost instantly for a minor burn. Be sure to keep it handy in the fridge.
8. Witch Hazel is good for temporary relief of a burn. While coated, it should decrease the intensity of the pain.
9. Aloe Vera. The leaves from this plant are known to do some extraordinary things. One of them is healing. Apply some Aloe to your burn to preven scarring or blistering.
Finally, don't overlook the need for help. Ask around or seek medical advice/attention if necessary. Accidents happen and prevention is not perfection. So when situations arise, arm yourself with the know how or the people to get the help you need.
More by this Author
Headaches, being one of the world's most common ailments, targets our territory-the head-at some point or another in our lives. The reason for the headache varies. Some headaches like migraines are caused by reduced...
Sore throats can be nasty. It makes speaking difficult and eating as well as drinking undesirable. With so many rushing down the store aisles seeking instant relief, we seem to miss out on the home remedies we can...
You know, good information is pretty hard to find. But trust me, you don't have to be a Dr. Spock to earn money for what you know. You just have to be willing to use a little of your time and your skills to get others...