Home Remedies for Psoriasis of the Scalp: Natural Treatment
Aloe Vera Helps Manage the Symptoms of Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a skin ailment caused due to dietary and lifestyle related factors. Psoriasis of the scalp can be agonizing, embarrassing as well as disfiguring. The skin disorder is characterized by flare ups and dips, which occur in cycles. Psoriasis does not have a permanent cure; nonetheless, adhering to a healthy diet, taking supplements and following a good scalp care regimen helps deal with the disorder successfully.
Understanding Psoriasis of the Scalp and its Symptoms
Psoriasis is a skin ailment that is typified by red patches and silver scales. It is a chronic condition wherein the scalp is itchy, dry and may occasionally bleed, especially if scratched. The red - brown patches may be mild or severe. Short-term hair loss may also occur.
What Causes Psoriasis of the Scalp? : Scalp Psoriasis Causes
In an individual who has psoriasis, the skin cells duplicate at a greater speed than normal. New cells mount up and do not have an opportunity to be shed; as a result the skin gets inflamed. Silvery scales build up after a while.
Psoriasis is sometimes genetic link and runs in families. Chief triggers are - stress, infections or trauma to the scalp, alcohol, dietary deficiency of essential fatty acids and cold, dry air.
Treatment for Psoriasis of the Scalp: Natural Treatment for Scalp Psoriasis
Here are some lifestyle and dietary tips to treat and manage psoriasis of the scalp naturally. Incorporating these lifestyle tips can help in effective management of psoriasis of the scalp,
- Suitable treatment is a must to decrease the symptoms quickly and to reduce the incidence and severity of flare ups.
- Most importantly, you must pay careful attention to your diet. Keep away from all denatured, refined and processed foods. White flour, fried foods, sugar and carbonated beverages must be eliminated from your diet.
- Stress has a fundamental role to play in the activation of the symptoms of psoriasis. Flare ups occur mainly during stressful periods and times of emotional turmoil. Experts advocate including a stress-busting technique in to your everyday schedule; it helps keep stress at bay and diminishes the risk of exacerbations.
Natural Remedies for Psoriasis of the Scalp: Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Here are some simple home based remedies for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp. Using these remedies on regular basis can help alleviate the symptoms,
- Aloe vera, Carrot essential seed oil and Avocado oil: blend 5 spoons of aloe vera gel, 5 drops of carrot seed oil and 10 drops of avocado oil; massage gently in to the scalp. Aloe vera will soothe the scalp and prevent inflammation and itching; carrot seed essential oil is an excellent remedy for the management of psoriasis due to its skin regenerating effects; whilst avocado is loaded with vitamin E and keeps the scalp moisturized.
- Homoeopathy: homeopathy medicines offer amazing relief from psoriasis; preventing flare ups successfully. Drugs such as Psorinum, Sulphur, and Silicea proffer results; however, do consult a health care professional before starting treatment.
- Wheat germ oil: wheat germ oil is chockfull of vitamin E and essential fatty acids. These help maintain a healthy skin.
- Flax seeds: are packed with omega 3 fatty acids; omega 3 fatty acids treat psoriasis effectively and put a stop to exacerbations and aggravations.
Supplements: alongside, you need to take a vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids supplements. These are ‘skin nutrients’ and must be incorporated in to your routine to sustain normal levels for a healthy skin.
More by this Author
Excessive perspiration, combined with multiplying bacteria and poor hygiene, result in dreadful foot odor and immense awkwardness. These guidelines will help you have nice smelling feet.
Molluscum Contagiosum is a skin infection associated with skin eruptions. This condition is associated with a risk of scarring and simple home remedies and aromatherapy along with homepathy have been efficient in...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.