Home Remedies for Sore Throat and Cough
Home Remedies For Sore Throat and Couh
Home Remedies for Sore Throat and Cough
There’s nothing worse than coughing continuously or suffering from a sore throat. For most cases, these symptoms tend to get worse at night and during the early morning hours. Although you may experience some relief at mid-day, the symptoms tend to return leaving you tired and frustrated. Rest assured, this article will provide you with home remedies for sore throat and cough that actually work.
Take Care of Your Cough!
Sore Throat and Cough
Home Remedies for Sore Throat and Cough #1: Gargle
Gargling can drastically reduce the irritation to your throat and also cut down on your frequent coughing. There are a variety of mixtures that prove to be effective at reducing the irritation. Try one of the following recipes:
· Sage Mixture: Simply combine a teaspoon of sage into a cup of boiling water. After steeping the sage for 10 minutes use a strainer to remove the remaining sage. Then just add a teaspoon of honey and cider vinegar before gargling.
· Salt Water: Gargling salt water also proves to be relatively effective in providing temporary relief for your sore throat and cough. Add ½ teaspoon of salt to your cup of warm water and gargle away. Make sure the salt fully dissolves into the water before gargling.
Home Remedies for Sore Throat and Cough #2: Drink Hot Beverages
Drinking hot beverages, especially tea, can also help with sore throat and coughing relief. Make sure the mixtures are relatively hot, but not hot enough to burn your mouth. Here are a few recipes:
· Cider Vinegar: Combine a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of apple-cider vinegar, and a cup of hot water. Mix well and then drink slowly. Be sure to warm it up if it starts to get cold.
· Peppermint Tea: Prepare the peppermint tea according to the package instructions and then add in 3 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. This method is sure to work every time.
Home Remedies for Sore Throat and Cough #3: Cough Relief Socks
This home remedy may sound a little absurd at first; however, it has proven to be effective time after time and works great for young children. You simply add Vicks Vaporub to the bottom of your feet and then put on warm socks. You may want to warm the socks up in the dryer before placing them on your feet for quicker results. Be sure to leave them on your feet for at least five minutes for ideal cough relief.
When using home remedies for sore throat and cough, keep in mind that curing a sore throat means finding out the cause and addressing the problem. Therefore, it is essential that you seek medical advice if you have a sore throat for more than a few days or if symptoms are accompanied by fever, aches, chills, etc. As with any cure or home remedy, be sure to drink plenty of water and receive an increased amount of rest throughout the day.
- Ranch BLT Bites on Herbal Fry Biscuits
It's bacon. It's lettuce and tomato. It's little herbal fried biscuits. All together, it's absolutely delicious. Get the recipe for it all right here-- with great photo instructions!
- Learn How to Make Your Own Spa Products
Spa products are so luxurious, but the price tag can really make you wince. You don't need to spend a lot of money on designer products; you can make your own for a fraction of the cost.
More by this Author
Whether you want to go all out with Asian style decor, or just want a touch of the exotic Orient in your room, you don't have to drop a bundle on decorating. Use a faux paint technique!
Love camping? Love Disney? Get the best of both worlds at Disney's Fort Wilderness. Check out this review of this popular vacation destination for outdoorsy families.
A small bedroom doesn't have to be a problem-- with a few tips and techniques you can still create a room that will make you feel like you have a cozy, luxury suite.