Home Remedy For High Cholesterol
The silent risks of high cholesterol
Who would have thought I have high cholesterol? I exercise on weekends, am careful with my diet and most of all, I have a lean body build and yet, how come my cholesterol level is 280? Much higher than the normal range of 150 to 200!
Well, there are several factors that can lead to high cholesterol. It could be hereditary or could be from the kind of food we eat. The most obvious one is, Sedentary Lifestyle. We may not be the typical couch potatoes, but still we lack enough physical activities. Lots of us work in the office where we spend an average of 8 to 10 hours daily sitting in front of computer. And when we got home, we spend another few hours watching TV then go to bed.
Most of us don't consider the risk of high cholesterol seriously. The worst is, it has no symptom! Yes, you read it right. High Cholesterol has no symptom yet it is a major contributor to cardiovascular diseases which can lead to stroke and heart attack. Since it has no symptom, it can very well go on unnoticed until it's too late.
I myself discovered my high cholesterol level out of curiosity. I just overheard my officemates talking about their laboratory results so I went to the clinic and asked our company doctor for a Lipid Profile recommendation. The price was very minimal, I only paid less than $10 for the Lipid Profle yet it brought about so much awareness in me. It really pays to have our cholesterol level checked once in a while.
A Healthy Mixture To Help Fight High Cholesterol
1/2 Cup Garlic Juice, 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice, 1 Cup Natural Honey and 1/8 Cup Ginger Juice
- Peel the garlic cloves and process it in a food processor or blender until puree.
- Pour the garlic puree in a mesh strainer and press it with spatula to extract the juice. Set aside 1/2 cup garlic juice in a glass container.
- Wash ginger thoroughly and peel it. Cut the ginger into small parts and process it in a food processor or blender. Pour the ginger puree in a mesh strainer and press it to extract the juice or grate the ginger in a grater. Pour the grated ginger in a cheesecloth to extract the juice. Set 1/8 cup ginger juice in glass container.
- Cut the lemon and extract the juice in a food processor or juice extractor. Set aside 1/2 cup lemon juice in a glass container.
- Measure 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Measure 1 cup of natural honey.
- Mix 1/2 Cup Garlic Juice, 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice, 1 Cup Natural Honey and 1/8 Cup Ginger Juice in a blender or manual mixing.
- Place the mixture in a glass container leave in the refrigerator for four days, with the occasional stir every day. After four days, the mixture is ready.
- Drink 1 tablespoon of the mixture before breakfast and 1 tablespoon after dinner. The mixture smell and taste is strong, to be taken with at least a glass of water. It is also suggested to take another 1 tablespoon of honey after taking the mixture to neutralize the after taste and smell.
- Keep the mixture refrigerated.
The ingredients of this mixture are all natural. Generally, it is safe to use. However, it is still best to consult first with your Doctor before taking any alternative medicines to avoid possible complications.
Garlic Health Benefits
I did some research on the internet about the health benefits of Garlic, the main ingredient for this mixture. Here are the very good reasons why we should make it part of our daily diet.
Cold and flu
Because of its antiviral and antibacterial properties as well as its vitamin C content, garlic is a powerful agent against the common cold as well as the flu.
Garlic is known to have antiviral properties, which helps the body fight against allergies.
Garlic's antibacterial properties make it a wonderful treatment for coughs and other throat irritations. Garlic may also reduce the severity of upper respiratory tract infections.
Garlic is considered to regulate blood sugar levels by increasing the release of insulin in diabetics.
High Blood Pressure
Garlic is considered as one of the most effective remedies to lower blood pressure. It eases the spasm of small arteries and reduces the pressure on them.
A compound in garlic called ajoene is a natural antioxidant that has anti-clotting abilities, thus helping in the prevention of heart disease and strokes.
Garlic has been proven to lower LDL cholesterol and raise HDL cholesterol.
Garlic stimulates peristaltic action and the secretion of the digestive juices. It eliminates body toxins. It has an antimicrobial effect and is an excellent remedy for intestinal infections. It expels intestinal worms.
Garlic's antibacterial, analgesic, and anesthetizing properties can help cure toothaches. Simply put some garlic oil or a piece of crushed garlic clove directly onto the affected tooth and the gum for instant relief.
It has been shown to reduce inflammation and pain in the body, making it beneficial for people with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Research has shown that cooking garlic with meat reduces carcinogenic chemicals in cooked meat that are believed to be linked to breast cancer
Garlic is said to be a tonic for impotence. It also treats sexual debility caused by over indulgence in sex and nervous exhaustion. It is said to be very useful in older men.
Garlic has always been known as an aphrodisiac. It can improve blood circulation significantly. According to recent studies an enzyme called nitric oxide synthase (NOS) appears to be responsible for the mechanism of erection. Researches on garlic have shown that garlic can stimulate production of this enzyme.
Possible Side Effects of Garlic
Overall, garlic is a very safe food and herb and there are few serious garlic side effects to be really worried about.
Halitosis or bad body odor is one of the main garlic side effects which could occur when the herb is consumed in larger quantities. Some may experience heartburn and flatulence when they consume garlic. It should be used cautiously by individuals who have bleeding disorders. Garlic should never be consumed during migraine headache. Avoid rubbing garlic on skin as it causes burns and peeling of skin.
More by this Author
First of all, go to crazy Dave's shop to purchase a rake. It will take down the first zombie and will help you buy some time. Plants selection for startup should be Sunflower, Imitater Sunflower, Twin Sunflower,...
No comments yet.