Home Remedies for Asthma
Way for a Hassle-free Breath!!!
With the kind of a lifestyle a human being is living in a hectic environment and that too with polluted air, one is bound to get infected by a lot of respiratory infections, and amongst them asthma has emerged as one of the serious conditions now a days. Your trachea and bronchial tubes gets affected due to inflammation and gets choked with mucus. There is no age bar for asthma; it can happen to any one. So Beware!! Its common symptoms include coughing, difficulty in breathing, wheezing etc.
Asthma of allergic type can be caused by different allergens like chemicals, smoke, drugs, mold, and pollution; whereas non allergic type is caused by anxiety, stress, change in weather, exercises etc.
Honey is one of the oldest and commonest home cures for asthma. It is believed that if a place a jar of honey beneath the nose of an asthma patient and he inhales the air by passing through it, he will start breathing easier and more. Take a glass of water and mix one teaspoon of honey into it and have it 3 times a day.
Figs are considered to be warm by nature. Chew 3-4 dry figs, soaked during the night, daily to keep off the phlegm and it will clear your lungs out.
Lemon is one of the best sources known for Vitamin C. Take a lemon and squeeze it to have its juice, dilute it with a glass of water and take with your meals. You can see the improvement in asthma.
With Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is known for its various qualities to cure many diseases and asthma is one of them. Take 5 grams of gooseberry and mix it with one tablespoon of honey along with it. Consume it every morning.
With Bitter Gourd Roots
Take the roots of a bitter gourd and crush it to form a paste, mix the same amount with the juice of tulsi leaves or honey .This mixture, taken continuously for a month every night, will act as a boon for the asthmatic patients.
With Drumstick Leaves
Drumstick leaves also helps in curing asthma. Prepare a soup of it by boiling a bunch of leaves to around 180 ml of water for five minutes. Cool it down and add a pinch of salt, pepper and lime juice for that extra immunity and benefits.
Ginger is well known for its healing properties. For treating asthma, you can mix the juice of ginger with a solution fenugreek soaked in water and honey, take this twice daily for immediate results.
To treat asthma, you can take 10-11 garlic cloves and boil them in 30 ml of milk, acts as an efficient remedy to cure asthma when taken once daily.
You can also prepare the tea by adding ginger and garlic to it, as it helps in clearing off the congestion in lungs.
Safflower seeds acts as an expectorant and alleviates the sputum stored in the bronchial passage. Mix a tablespoon of honey with a dry powder made of safflower seeds and consumes it twice a day to show its effects.
Other Beneficial Remedies:-
- Consume a glass of milk with a teaspoon of turmeric powder added to it, but only empty stomach.
- Rub the mustard oil with little camphor and massage with this over the back of the chest, when a patient is faced with an attack.
- Allow the patient to inhale the steam from boiling water which has been mixed with Ajwain (Caraway seeds).
- Chew fennel daily to remove the mucus from the chest.
- Consume the dry grapes after removing seeds, soaked in water.
- Form a juice by mixing radish, lemon and honey together for 20 minutes in a juicer mixer. After this, cook it on less heat and consume one teaspoon of it every morning.
- Add few drops of juniper oil into hot water, and inhale.
- Be in a fresh air every morning free of dust, mites and pollution, so as to have more fresh oxygen pump in to your blood.
- Avoid cold and fried things. Have a plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables, grains, and sprouted seeds. Amount of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in the diet should be less. Stay away from strong tea, coffee, alcohol and even from pickles and other packed processed foods.
Follow the home-made cures as per your convenience and allow yourself, and your relatives to breathe freely and simply for a longer duration of time.