Honey: Not just for bees
Amazing Benefits of Honey
Honey, just the name seeps with sweetness. It is so sweet, we call our significant others "honey" as well as other "sweeties" we run into along the way. Honey brings to mind bees and Pooh bear. Honey is loved there are cereals that have the wonderful flavor like Honeycomb and Cheeries Honey Nut. Whatever comes to mind when the word honey is mentioned, the health benefits probably aren't the first thing to come to mind.
Honey is actually a great source of health benefits. I have compiled a list and thought I would share it with you.
- Great energy source- feeling tired? Honey will give you a quick boost that doesn't have the crash that energy drinks do.
- Immunity System- have allergies? The use of local honey will help you as it builds up immunity to local allergens.
- Helps Prevent Cancer- Yes, this sweet treat really does!
- Cold tonic-Add a tbsp of honey to hot lemon juice and tea and drink away. If you have a virus this will improve symptoms.
- Home Remedies- helps cure yeast infections and soothe the itch. Helps with arthritis pain. It has awesome anti-bacterial properties if used on cuts and athlete's foot.
- Hangovers- It's anti-oxidant properties will help. It soothes the stomach and takes away the headache.
- Losing Weight- add honey to water and it aids in the digestion of fats, getting rid of some through the colon.
Honey is just an awesome sweetener. It tastes great and is a better solution than regular sugar.