How Can I Reverse Low Platelet Count Naturally?
Low Platelet Count - Major Problem
Obviously if you have found your way to this Hub, you or a loved one is suffering from a low platelet count. My heart goes out to you. There are so many things in this world that are problems in our everyday lives but there is nothing as devastating as having a major health problem, everything else pales in comparison.
I can empathize with your situation because I, like you or your loved one, have been chronically ill for sometime. For years I didn't even know what was wrong with me and why I couldn't be active and do the things others my age were doing. I later found out I have an autoimmune disease. Although it was some relief to finally know something it was also numbing to realize that this wasn't going away anytime soon if ever.
ITP Blood Disorder - What Is It?
Enough about me. Lets talk about you or your loved one. If you have been suffering for sometime from low platelet count your illness may have been identified as ITP disease (also known as Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura). ITP Blood Disorder is an autoimmune disease. Your body is confused and attacking your platelets as if they were an invading enemy. Your low platelet count is the result of an immune system gone postal.
The symptoms manifest themselves in various degrees depending on how severe your illness is. Bleeding, brusing and unexplained rashes are all related to the fact that your low platelet count has slowed down your bloods ability to clot and now your blood vessels can leak. This is serious and now even a minor injury such as a nose bleed or even a paper cut becomes a major issue. Hopefully you are under doctors care.
ITP Disorder - Standard Treatments
I would like to talk to you a bit about what types of treatments most doctors use. You may have already received some if not all of these. The standard or default medical treatments are these.
1. Steroid treatment, strong prescription drugs such as Prednisone or Danazole are used to suppress the immune system. Side effects can be worse than the original condition of platelet dysfunction. These are addictive and the body becomes completely dependent on them.
2. Surgery to remove the spleen. The spleen is one of the organs filtering your blood and is suspected to be destroying your platelets. This has helped some but with serious side effects. Many have developed high platelet counts as a result of not having a spleen and this can be even more dangerous than a low platelet count. Plus ther are now prone to certain infections that have serious consequences.
3. Filtering your blood to get rid of the bad antibodies. This is a temporary treatment because your body will produce more.
4. Intrqavenous Immunoglobulin. This sometimes destroys bad antibodies although it is not understood how. Again only temporary if it even works at all.
5. Chemotherapy. This is real serious treatment and has serious side effects. Your immune system can actually be destroyed completely using this treatment.
Increase Platelets - Naturally
You will notice with all the above standard treatments above they all share one common thing. Serious side effects! Is there something you could do to avoid these devastating side effects and still reverse your low platelet count? Yes there is. Natural methods have proven themselves very effective and have helped many. Most natural remedies have little if any side effects and can even help you to eventually end some of the above treatments if you are already engaged in them.
The hurtle to overcome here is the fact that the medical community, especially in the western nations, scoffs at the effectiveness of natural remedies. So you will have to take the initiative and educate yourself and maybe even your doctor. Most doctors will cooperate and we are seeing more nutritionally orientated or even naturopatic doctors, but in the end you will have to be the one to take advantage of this trend. No one will do it for you.
- Increase Platelets
7 Steps to Cure ITP Blood Disorder Naturally. ***FREE Download***
- Low Platelet Count
Informative article dealing with the facts about natural remedies for low platelet count.