How Important is Water
How Important is Water?
You know how to drink it, open your mouth and put the glass to your lips and tilt back your head, press your lips into the stream and lap, or place the straw in between your lips and suck, then swallow. But why is it so danged important that we have water?
Your body is 85% that is (eighty five percent) water (H2O). That means that most of you is water! So what does it mean if you are lacking water in your body? It means trouble! Dehydration can be the cause of many health conditions and in this hub we will explore them.
10 Water Facts!
- Water is the second most needed substance the body needs to survive only out classed by oxygen which we die without in only a few minutes. You can only go a few days without water but you can live weeks without food.
- Most headaches and feelings of being tired are caused by dehydration.
- If you are thirsty then you are already dehydrated and being thirsty is a bad thing.
- Water regulates all the functions of your body from body temperature, digestion, and waste functions. Your body needs water to remove toxins from the body.
- Blood is 90 percent water, muscles are 75 percent water, and bones are only 25 percent. Your body is 60 percent water and water is the main structure of the body with only a few pounds of chemicals left over that are only worth about $5.00 on the market!
- Your brain is a major user of blood and uses 20 percent of your blood circulation to function. Do your brain requires 20 percent of your bodies water to work.
- All caffeine drinks (Red B_lls, Colas, Teas) are diuretics and rob your body of water by lessening the bodies ability to absorb water and making us urinate more often.
- If you feel depressed angry or frustrated drink a cold glass of water and see if that doesn't help you feel better.
- You loose 10 cups of fluid each day just by urinating, defecating, sweating, and breathing.
- Drinking more water each day will help you loose weight.
Water is Good, to a Point!
Drink more water and you will see that your appetite is less, your mood will be better, and you will be more energized. Water is the key to life and since you are made mostly of water you shouldn't be afraid to drink as much of it as is healthy.
Can be a fatal problem in that the brain's functions are halted by an imbalance of the electrolytes in the body. This happens when the bodies electrolytes are flushed outside of what are the safe limits for the body by ingesting too much water!
What happens is that the body tries to regulate the amount of water compared to sodium in the body and the bodies cells (in the brain as well) begin to absorb more water and swell. This causes the brain to swell and can lead to death!
Symptoms of Hyper Hydration
- personality change
- changes in behavior
- difficulty breathing during exertion
- muscle weakness
- twitching or cramping
- nausea and vomiting
- a dulled ability to perceive and interpret sensory information
As with everything in life... all things in moderation but in general WATER IS A GOOD THING so DRINK IT UP!
More by this Author
Beware Those Who Fight Monsters, Demonic Possession is an article that explores the topic of demonic possession from a variety of angles. It explores the nature of possession and how it crosses over many forms of...
This article is about how the brain works and how binary beats and flashing lights can influence the brain and its functions.
A look into rapid hypnotic induction, this guide demonstrates two ways to put someone into a quick trance.