How Living Life Sober Can Change Your Life
How living life sober can change your life is the one million dollars question to those that are addicted to alcohol. In the alcoholics mind, living life sober is really not in their minds or in their vocabulary.
The alcoholics are set in their ways and in their lifestyle wondering when can I have the next drink or I can't wait for that next drink. They seem to only have alcohol on their minds and whatever they may do it has to involve alcohol or they will not be included in whatever the function, celebration, party is because the party is dry and alcohol free.
I certainly can relate to the statement above because the minute I was invited to any function the first words out of my mouth was is there going to be alcohol. Yes, I would ask that question before I gave a yes or no answer to the invite. Now, looking back on those days it was selfish to ever ask such a thing to anyone.
Why is that? The problem with alcoholics is that they think the whole world revolves around alcohol and they feel with out the alcohol they would not be able to function or be social in an type of a party or function they were invited to.
Having Fun Just Being Sober
Anyone can have fun without having the alcohol demons tagging alone with you. Do you really need that crutch? Think about it and ask yourself, " do you think you can survive on this earth without alcohol?" The alcoholic may answer that by saying no, I truly am afraid to live without my alcohol and I do wonder how I would get alone and manage my life without it.
I felt that sense of being afraid I would not be able to get alone in live without my alcohol helping me along, but once I surrender to my demons I realize I had wasted all those precious years bringing my demons everywhere I went. I realize I didn't need them at all, but I was so addicted and in love with the addiction that would eventually kill me or someone else.
Tips on How I Live Life Sober
Living life sober is all that you make it. Either you want sobriety or you don't. After many years of alcohol addiction I finally chose to give it up and get clean and sober and here are some ways that helped me each day and they may even help you if you are willing to give it a try.
- Exercise your body each and everyday.
- Exercise your mind each and everyday.
- Writing keeps me sober.
- Remodeling and building keeps me sober.
- Spending quality time with family keeps me sober.
- Think of what dream or goal you had while being addicted but could achieve it, then go after what you missed out on and achieve it.
- Think of how you can better your life and then work on it to get better.
- The sky is the limit when you are living life sober.
- Take the wife or partner to the beach for the weekend and just enjoy each other sober.
- Think of things to do or places to go to keep your my occupied.
- Be creative and start building you life up to where it should of been all those years while being addicted to alcohol.
- There are so many different things and way to live life sober. It is all up to each individual on how they want to stay clean and sober.
- Keep busy, keep active and most of all KEEP THAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE and live life sober forever.
© 2011 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
A look into the mind of an alcoholic to see how we think and live our lives with an addiction.
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
Here is feeling lost and empty after an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol and my story and thoughts on just how I got through the torture. I call this torture because alcohol was my life, my best friend, and something I...