How Many Carbs in Beer, Wine, Coolers, Cocktails, Liquors and Liquers? Check the List!
Tiny Bubbles = Big Pants?
They don't call it a beer belly for no reason – and when you take a look at the carb contents of some of your favorite brews – you may think twice about grabbing that 6 pack at the supermarket.
We all know that drinking alcohol will pack on the pounds, and do so through the consumption of some pretty empty calories – but for those who partake in a few cold ones but aren’t quite ready to give up on that six pack of a different kind, here is some information on smart buying that may keep you on the right track.
Carb Contents of Popular Beers (per standard bottle)
- Amstel Light - 95 calories - 5 grams of carbohyrdates
- Bud Light – 110 calories - 6.6 grams of carbs
- Budweiser – 145 calories – 10.6 grams of carbs
- Corona Light – 105 calories - 5.0 grams of carbs
- Corona Extra – 148 calories -14 grams of carbs
- Guinness Draft (bottle) 126 calories – 10.6 grams of carbs
- Heineken – 150 calories – 11 grams of carbs
- Keystone Light – 100 calories - 5.0 grams of carbs
- Michelob Light – 134 calories - 11.7 grams of carbs
- Michelob Ultra – 95 calories - 2.6 grams of carbs
- Miller Lite – 96 calories - 3.2 grams of carbs
- Milwaukee's Best 128 calories – 11.5 grams of carbs
- Rolling Rock Premium – 120 Calories – 10 grams of carbs
- Sam Adams Light – 124 calories - 9.7 grams of carbs
- Schlitz – 146 calories – 12.1 grams of carbs
Carb Content of Liquors
All distilled liquors are carbohydrate free, but still high in calories.
- 1.5 ounces of gin has 120 calories.
- 1.5 ounces of vodka has about 100 calories.
Liqeurs are quite a different story, and these syrupy elixers can be quite high in calories.
- Crème de Menthe – 1oz – 124 calories – 12 grams of carbs
- Coffee Liquer – 1 oz – 111 calories – 10.5 grams of carbs
Carb Contents of Wines
Most red wines contain about 5 grams of carbohydrate per 120 ml serving and 120 calories. Most white wines contain less than 1 gram of carbohydrate per same serving size and about 110 calories.
Carb Contents of Coolers
Coolers can pack a wallop, and the sugar laden Mike's Hard Lemonade packs on a massive 32 grams of carbs and 220 calories per bottle. Bartle's and James Classic wine coolers are only slightly better at 29 grams of carbs per bottle.
Carb Contents of Cocktails
- 1 Pina Colada (4.5 oz) – 245 calories and 32 grams of carbohydrates
- 1 Tequila Sunrise (200ml) – 232 Calories 24 grams of carbohydrates
Any kind of drinking in excess is going to lead to weight gain, but even moderate drinking can cause an unwanted few pounds. Drinking in moderation and making smart drinking choices can make it easier to stay lean and stay healthy.
Comments 9 comments
More by this Author
- 57Alcohol Withdrawal; How Serious Are Your Symptoms? Do You Need Medical Care? Take This Test to Find Out
Am I in alcohol withdrawal? And if so, how serious are my symptoms…Do I need to go to the hospital or not? Any serious drinker has felt the mild effects of alcohol withdrawal – after all, acute...
When I quit drinking I lost an enormous amount of weight…no diet, no exercise (really…I'm lazy) just no alcohol and the pounds fell off my oversized frame. I was always a beer drunk, and beer is...
- 31Vomiting After Taking Methadone - Do You Need a Second Dose? What to Do If You Throw Up Your Methadone.
Nausea and vomiting sometimes accompany methadone usage as a side effect, and even if methadone does not cause you any queasiness – we all get sick sometimes, and we all sometimes suffer the effects of food...