How To Balance Life and Work - Top Tips
Life - Work Balance
All work and no play? When is it time to enjoy life? Are you searching for the work – life balance? I think everyone struggles at some point in their career to find that work - life balance. It does exist and you do need to make sure you put your family first (ALL THE TIME). However, work is a means to an end, so you have to be professional and learn how to work smarter, not harder.
“Life well spent is long.” Quote by Leonardo da Vinci
Mommy at work!
Planning is important - helpful tools
Career Important - Family More Important!
In this day and age, we have to look for the good in what we do. With little recognition and little encouragement, try and concentrate on what you have achieved, not your mistakes. I live it every day, so let's get this ball rolling. You can find balance in your life, it takes time and be open to changes but you can do it!
Key points to help you:
- Stay positive as much as possible.
- Stay focus when at work! Critical!
- Be organized and pay attention to details, this will help you succeed.
- Remember, it’s a BUSINESS, don’t take everything so personal, it’s a business!
- Do your work, make your deadlines, set priorities and achieve your goals for your company.
- Promote the positive environment as much as possible to others.
- When others are negative, look for the positive in any situation (that's the hardest part) teach them how to be more positive. Lead by example.
- Workout and relief your stress (it will help). (For example, exercise, cook with your kids, laugh often, let go and enjoy life to relief stress).
- Help your friends with finding jobs through networking.
- See your projects through to completion. NEVER give up!
- Always promote yourself when you have done a good job (don’t count on others to do this for you; you have to do it yourself).
- Stand up for yourself! Don't let anyone put you down!
- Believe in your work and in yourself (others will believe in you if you believe in yourself).
- Stay focus, positive and be upbeat, it will pay off (promise)!
- When you tell your partner or children you will be there at a certain time, and then make that commitment.
- Communicate to your partner, spouse or lover, make sure they understand your work life (keep them involved, it will help).
- Make sure you bring your significant other to work functions, be proud of them, and help your partner to comprehend your work life.
- Keep your commitments (to friends and others) it’s easy to blow them off but don’t do it, you will be thankful that you didn't!
- Make a list of tasks you need to complete for the week, do them on your lunch hour, early morning or after work:
- Running errands
- Working out/exercising
- Yearly checkup
- Dentist appointment
- Workout schedules
- Children’s after school activities
- Church activities
- Date night
- Planning meals for the week
- Get all schedules on one calendar and plan each week appropriately (get organized)
Through this slow economy, be prepared, network, be positive and always know your friends. It's important to work through the hard times because the good times are coming. Work through the chaos of life and it will make you stronger in the end. Don’t let your work consume you; it’s not worth it because in the end, your family and friends are going to be there for you through the good and the bad.
Work - life balance is critical to be successful (professionally and at home). You can do it, remember, it's about planning, communicating, commitment and having fun. Life is simple when you make it simple. However, first you have to work on be organized, planning for the week, and communicating the plan to your family and then commit to the plan. Good luck and remember life is what you make it!
More by this Author
Top tips to pick the right panties or underwear for your butt. Make it look good with anything you wear!
Top reasons to invest in an iphone, they are that good!
Are you a good kisser? Really? Check these tips out to make sure!