How To Break A Plateau When On The HCG Diet
A plateau when on a diet can be very frustrating, sometimes to the point of wanting to give up. This is no different on the HCG diet. While you may be experiencing a weight loss of 0.5-1.0 pounds per day, it can suddenly stop. A plateau is defined as no weight loss for a period of 4-6 days. There are a few things you can do to break this plateau.
1. Try an apple day. An apple day consists of eating only apples from lunch one day until before lunch the next day. You can eat up to 6 large apples and only drink water. This breaks the plateau with mainly eliminating water which is not regained when resuming the regular diet.
2. You can try some light exercise. Some light walking or yoga would be some good ideas. Don't do too much, as it can cause weight gain on this diet.
3. Make sure you are drinking enough water. Increase your intake to 2-3 quarts per day, not including coffee or tea.
4. Try drinking 2-3 cups of green tea daily.
5. Cut down on the size of your apples, don't eat the same fruit in one day.
6. Skip eating the bread sticks or melba toast.
7. Eat less beef and more chicken or fish. Beef tends to be fattier that some other protein options.
8. Cut out tomatoes, oranges, and shrimp as they can cause a stall in some people.
9. Make sure you are not mixing your vegetables. The protocol says to eat only one vegetable at a meal.
10. Make sure you are reading all labels. Some proteins have additives injected into them. Also carefully read spice labels. Many of them have orange peels, sugar, or starch added.
11. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. It can really make a difference of 1-2 pounds when you are getting enough sleep or not enough.
12. Make sure you are wearing gloves when you are handling hamburger, cookie dough, cheeses and other fatty foods that could be absorbed through the skin.
13. If you are in the sun a lot or going to a tanning bed, consider stopping and staying indoors a bit more. This can cause water retention and therefor the scale will show no loss or even a gain.
14. Consider adding 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your daily intake in the form of dressing or diluted in a glass of water. This can promote weight loss in some people.
No comments yet.