How To Do A Candida Detox
What is Candida?
Candida also known as candida albicans is a yeast like fungal organism which can be found in the body naturally, but only causes a problem when the balance of our friendly bacteria is off balance.
When we have an over growth of yeast in the body, which is usually caused by an over use of antibiotics,steroids such as acne treatments,contraceptive pill and a diet high in sugar and carbohydrates.
Studies show 80% of the population have some form of candida and don't know it, and by the time we find out we have this condition your symptoms can be quite severe. Candida has been known as being a female problem, but many men do have candida in their body.
When we have a low immune system the yeast in our body can sometimes change into fungal form and make us feel very unwell. Food and environmental allergies can occur when this type of fungus has made holes in the lining of your stomach, causing a condition called leaky gut syndrome.
Symptoms of Candida Over Growth.
There are many symptoms you can get with a candida overgrowth, but you may not experience all of them. Symptoms that you may experience are:
- Vaginal Itching
- Vaginal Thrush
- Skin Rashes
- Digestion Problems
- Muscular Aches
- Joint Pain
- Weight Loss or Gain
- Chronic Sinus Problems
- Itchy Burning Eyes
- Brain Fog
- Jock Itch
- Crawly Feeling on Skin
- Hair Loss
Most of these symptoms are caused by vitamin and mineral deficiencies as candida prevents you from absorbing vital nutrients that are taken into the body.This can also interfere with your digestion of foods and this is where digestive enzymes can help with any digestion issues that you may have.
Start a Candida Detox.
When it comes to candida, your diet is very important. You must starve the yeast in your body to remove it from your body. Candida feeds on sugar and foods that contain yeast, so it is important to stay away from these types of foods.
Once this is done you may experience a die off effect which is quite normal while on any type of detox. This is also a positive sign that candida is being killed in the body, and also be aware that once candida organisms die they can release toxins into the blood stream which can cause a reaction to the body.
If the die off symptoms are too much for you to handle, drink plenty of water and have regular bowel movements by adding fiber to your diet. If the candida waste and toxins stay in your bowels for too long, they can be re-absorbed into the body and give you more symptoms.
Following a strict candida diet will ensure that you are not feeding the candida. Taking probiotics can also boost your friendly bacteria in the gut to crowd out the bad bacteria causing these symptoms.
Note: The candida diet will only work if you have a localized yeast infection, once it enters the blood stream you will have to use oxygen therapy to kill the candida colonies in the body.
Anti-fungals That Help Fight Candida.
Taking anti-fungals while on a candida detox are very effective as they are very potent and can remove candida from the body quite fast.Before starting any treatment it is recommended that you go on the candida diet for at least a few weeks, as you do not want too much die off occurring.
There are many types of anti-fungals that you can take which are very effective such as:
- Apple Cidar Vinegar - By using natural apple cider vinegar in your salads, and also a topical treatment for skin rashes you will see your symptoms gradually disappearing.
- Coconut Oil - Which is also called caprylic acid and can be found in coconuts which is a fatty acid. Add it regularly to your meals, as this is one of the strongest anti-fungals for any candida detox.
- Garlic - Eating raw garlic has many anti-fungal properties and very potent against candida.
- Ginger - May not be the strongest anti-fungal but has many healing properties to help repair the body while on a detox or cleanse.
- Oregano Oil - Oil of Oregano comes in a liquid form and has a very strong taste. Remember to use only a small amount when adding it to your meals.
- Pau D'Arco - This comes from trees found in the rain forest and is usually taken as a tea.It is quite a mild anti-fungal which means you can take it every day to help cleanse your body from candida albicans.
Foods To Eat On The Candida Diet.
Individuals who suffer from candida usually go on a strict candida diet to resolve any symptoms they may have. Although at times it can be very difficult to stay on, it is important that you know what foods to eat while on this diet.
Foods that you can eat are:
- Proteins such as chicken,turkey and fish
- Raw Garlic
- Vegetables, Raw and Steamed
- Non Gluten Grains
- Fruits that contain not too much sugar such as berries,papaya and mango's which are a good source of digestive enzymes
Foods which should be avoided are:
- All sugars including artificial sweeteners such as splenda
- Dairy products such as cheese and milk
- Molds such as Mushrooms
- Dried fruits
Depending on how severe your candida is in your body, it is best to stay on the candida diet for at least 3 months and then slowly introduce these foods back into your diet. If symptoms re-appear continue with the diet.
Also taking a multi strain probiotic can also help in elliminating candida from the body and boosting your immune system to fight against infection in the body.
Systemic Candida Cure
There are many great myths surrounding yeast in the body and systemic candida. Here are a few myths that you should know about:
- The Candida Diet - If you have a systemic candida infection , the candida diet will not be able to cure this condition. It may relieve some of your symptoms but as soon as you go off the diet, your symptoms will return and for some individuals your symptoms may become worse.
- Anti Fungal Drugs - These type of medications are helpful for individuals who have a localized yeast infection such as in the vagina or digestive tract, but once the candida organism enters the blood stream, anti fungal medications will not work to fix the problem.
- Herbs And Vitamins - These types of supplements are not strong enough to kill systemic candida in the body.
The only way to cure your systemic candida is to increase oxygen in the blood, such as taking a Liquid Oxygen Supplement such as CellFood. This way the oxygen can travel throughout your body and kill the yeast colonies , such as in your organs or deep tissues in the body.
The candida organism is anaerobic, which means it cannot survive in an oxygen environment. So oxygen therapy is needed. When your symptoms have gone, which can take up to 6 - 8 weeks, you will need to replenish your good bacteria by taking a multi strain probiotic, that has at least 1 billion organisms.To boost your immune system, you may want to take a multi vitamin or any immune boosting supplements.
Dr Whiting has been treating patients with systemic candida for over 20 years and often gives lectures covering this topic. Watch the two videos below to learn more on how to cure your systemic candida infection.
Dr Whiting on Systemic Candida and Yeast Infections
Test For Candida.
It is hard to know if you have an over growth of candida in the body, as there are so many symptoms that you may have. But a great way to know if you have an overload of yeast in the body is by doing a spit test, which is best done in the morning before you brush your teeth.
The spit test is very easy and simple to do. Fill a glass with water and and spit into the water. If you see strings coming down from your saliva,the water becomes cloudy or you see saliva particles floating in the water, it means you may have yeast in the body and is best to start a candida detox.
As soon as you spit into the water, see how long it takes your saliva to react in the water, if it shows strings straight away, it is usually a sign that your candida is quite advanced and treatment should be started straight away.
While on the candida detox, continue to do the spit test every few months to see if there is an improvement in what you saw in your last spit test.
Dr Whiting On Candida Controversies
More by this Author
Are you looking for easy to prepare candida diet recipes? On this page you will find some delicious recipes.