How To Eat Healthy Food At A Convenience Store Like Wawa
Eating Healthy At A Convenience Store
Being on the go is no longer a good excuse for not eating healthy or describing potato chips as one of the four food groups. So, how do you make a healthy meal at a convenience store? Below are eight ways you can make healthy choices at the convenience store. If you are discipline enough, you should have no problem. Just stay away from those chips and sodas.
8 Healthy Choices In A Convenience Store
- Healthy Choice 1 - Buy a ready made salad or soup.
- Healthy Choice 2 - Select a Protein like tune in water or peanut butter.
- Healthy Choice 3 - Select a cereal, bread, or crackers that are whole wheat or whole grain.
- Healthy Choice 4 - Choose a dairy like yogurt, or cottage cheese.
- Healthy Choice 5 - Eat nuts, or seeds. Did you know walnuts are a good source of omega-3?
- Healthy Choice 6 - Good for the fruit.
- Healthy Choice 7 - Drink water or a fruit juice. Did you know the best fruit juices are pink grapefruit, orange, white grapefruit, pineapple, prune, grape and apple?
- Healthy Choice 8 - When all else fails, eat baby food.
Did you know "Convenience Stores" like Wawa and 7eleven are committed to provide healthy food choices? Well now you know - they are.
What is Omega-3?
Omega-3 is a group of fatty acids. They are essential acids because our bodies do not produce them naturally. Omega-3 acid can be found in seafood, plants, seeds, nuts and oil. Seafood which has Omega-3 acid are algae, salmon, tuna, anchovies, sardines, mullet, and cod. Omega-3 should be consumed twice a week.