How To Find Happiness One Step At A Time : Day 1
How To Find Happiness One Step At A Time!
Welcome back!! I'm truly excited about this venture I'm about to take and I hope you will join in on the exercises, and together we can reach the unlimited supply of happiness, wealth, and well-being. I want to hear your thoughts and experiences so post any comments you feel comfortable with.
I read the first chapter, it's pretty interesting and it really hit home with me in many areas. Can you remember when you were a child? I can, everything was exciting and new. I actually felt my feelings inside of me. My heart would tingle, or I would get a cold chill run down my spine, or I would get excited about going to the penny store and getting 100 pieces of candy for a dollar. I remember believing in magic, and that the sky was the limit. My parents would tell me anything is possible if you just put your mind to it. That was a magical time in my life.
Then life happened and negative thoughts started creeping in. Now I can't tell you the last time I actually felt a happy feeling, there are no tingles in my heart, no cold chills running throughout my body from excitement, nothing, I'm just existing and I'm tired of it. I want the magic back in my life! If you’re like me then let's take this wonderful journey together. You can borrow the book The magic, from the library, you can purchase the book from any bookstore, or from Amazon.com. Here is a link to the books I have approved for finding true happiness. It's inside you! All you have to do is believe and apply it to your everyday life.
Click here to see the book's I personally recommend!
We are in control of our own thoughts. The more negative things we think of and tell ourselves the more negative things will come our way. Think about it. If you wake up in a bad mood and start telling yourself this is going to be a horrible day, it will be. But, if you wake up in a bad mood and immediately change your thought patterns by telling yourself," No, I'm not going to allow this to be a bad day." Then by thinking positive your day will be a great day. You must break the cycle of self doubt, negativity, and the ‘poor me' syndrome if you want to achieve any type of happiness.
In order for the law of attraction to work we must truly be grateful for everything good, bad, or indifferent in our lives. If you think about it, even the bad things in our lives can have a positive outcome. I remember when I was nineteen years old, I had just purchased a used Ford Mustang for $1,500.00. I was so proud of that car. Two weeks into owning it someone rear- ended my precious vehicle while I was stopped at an intersection. My insurance company totaled the car - I was heartbroken, but the $2,000.00 they gave me made the loss more bearable. Later, I found out that the car had major problems and was in need of numerous repairs and that was the reason the vehicle was priced so low. So you see, my car being totaled was a blessing in disguise. If I hadn't have had the accident, I wouldn't have received the insurance money to purchase a better car. Under every dark cloud, there's a silver lining.
Okay today is the first day of the rest of my life, and yours if you are doing the exercises with me.
1. Count your blessings. In order to feel grateful you first must appreciate what you already do have no matter how small. Make a list of ten things you are grateful for and explain why you are grateful. You can be thankful for anything such as: Health and body, work and success, Money, Relationships, Passions, Happiness, Love, life, nature..... I could go on and on but you get the picture.
If you are at the lowest of lows like I am, then this one is going to be really hard. Just remember the smallest things count.
1. I am truly blessed to have clothes, because if I didn't have my clothes I would be naked all the time and wouldn't be able to walk outside without going to jail.
2. I am so happy and grateful for a roof over my head, because if I didn't have a place to stay I would be out in the elements and would be burning up right now and eaten alive by bugs. So thank you for a place to stay.
3. I am truly grateful for running water, because if I didn't have running water I wouldn't be able to take showers and then I would stink.
4. I am truly happy and grateful for my car, because if I didn't have a vehicle that was in good condition I wouldn't have any transportation.
5. With all my heart, thank you for guardian angels that watch over me, because without them being in my life I don't know where I would be.
6. I am truly blessed to have my money coming in every month, because without the money I would not be able to have food on the table, or have a phone to stay in contact with my friends and family.
7. I am truly blessed to have my health because without being healthy, I would not be able to write the books I am suppose to write.
8. I am truly blessed for my fingers and sharp mind, because I am able to type and perform functions that make me happy.
9. I am grateful for the cookies I bought today, they make me happy. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the money to buy them with.
10. I am so happy and grateful for the bed I sleep in, so that I may get a comfortable good night's sleep.
Okay so there is my list, and I am truly thankful for every one of the things I listed above. I still don't have that tingly feeling inside, or a cold chill running down my spine when I think of these things, but hopefully it will come. I have faith! Some days you will feel happy right away, and other days it may take a while before you feel happy. But, the book says as you continue to count your blessings every day, you will begin to notice a bigger difference in the way you feel each time, and you will begin to see your blessings magically multiply..... I can't wait!!!!
When you are finished with your list go back and reread the list either in your mind or out loud. When you get to the end of each one. Say the magic words, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You must say thank you three times in a row for each blessing you have. Three is a magic number in the universe.
Repeat the above steps for the next 25 days. I hope for the next 25 days, I will be able to come up with ten new and original things I truly can be thankful for. I am going to try, and am going to be very open minded. Actually after I reread my list, and said thank you three times after each one I did feel a little better. It's all in how you perceive things.
Tomorrow we are suppose to find a magic rock, one that you can hold in your hand. You can find your magic rock anywhere, in your garden, from a riverbed, creek, ocean, or park but make sure you like your magic rock. Don't just pick up any old rock. Make sure you think it's pretty or unusual. I'm going on my magic rock quest today so I can be ready to begin tomorrow’s lesson first thing in the morning.
Positive thoughts, Positive ways!!!
P.S. Don't forget to post your comments.
Let me hear from you, what do you think?
Do you think positive thinking can change your life?See results without voting
To see all the books I personally recommend on this subject click below
More by this Author
Controling your email inbox
Everyone has an aura, it is our life force. Learn how to look at someone and see the color of their aura, it can help you determine what state of mind they are in;
A simple step by step guide on how to see energy and auras. After reading, you will have all the information you need to start seeing energy around people and things.