How To Find Sobriety With The Power Of Your Own Mind
As many of you know I mainly write my hubs and blogs about alcohol addiction and ways that helped my find my sobriety over the last year and a half. I made a pack with myself when I surrendered to my addiction to alcohol to write here on HubPages, my blog and other various websites to get the word out to the world that there is always hope and never to give up on yourself when you are suffering with any kind of addiction. I want everyone to know that there is hope for all of us that have an addiction, and if you really are fed up with your life and your alcoholism then I would like to share what exactly helped me find my way out of this horrible addiction and now living the life I should have been years ago and that is the clean life, alcohol free. My goal in this hub is to show you how to find sobriety with the power of your own mind
Books on Helping You Get Sober
Our Minds Work Wonders If You Let It
- Each and everyone of us are born with a clean and powerful mind that develops over time as we get older. Many of us use our minds in a positive way throughout our lives and then there are those that unfortunately steer off the path to success and wind up using drugs or drinking alcohol, which in turn starts to burn out those clean and power minds we once started out having when we were born.
Many people don't realize what damage these drugs can do to our minds and most can not see it happening because these drugs ruin our minds slowly but surely, and over time you can not think of anything in the correct manner except where the next drink is coming from or when can I use again.
WHAT HELPED ME FIND MY SOBRIETY:
- Looking back many years ago when drinking was my top priority, although, deep down I knew I was doing wrong to myself and my family, but I never acted on changing the way I lived my life. I was quite happy with the lifestyle I was living even though many were not happy at all with my lifestyle and most certainly frowned upon my addiction to alcohol.
- You know there come a time in the alcoholics life, when they are at wits end on wanting to get sober, but do not know how to go about leaving their addiction behind for good. They are as I was afraid of sobriety.
- I got to that point in my life when i finally said the fun and games have to end and that enough is enough. I am heading down to a dead end street in the very near future.
- So, I weighed the good and bad of my addiction to alcohol and found that there were NO GOOD things at all that I could see.
- So, my next step was to surrender to my addiction, but I had to get my once powerful mind back into order and get myself prepared to live a life of sobriety for the rest of my life.
- I picked a date for my sobriety to begin and when picking that date I made sure, is this really what i want or should I continue on my path to self destruction? Of course, I was determined to be sober and I would do anything it takes to get my sobriety back.
- I then said to myself, "well the ball is now in my court and it is now up to me to make the correct decision of whether I want to live clean and sober or just continue to be an alcoholic or as some say, a drunk."
- I place my mind into the positive mode and waited for that date that I chose to start my sober life and couldn't wait till it arrived, which was only a couple of days later. During those few days I really didn't even have the desire to drink because i had already told my mind that the fun and games are over.
- As soon as i put the thought of quitting drinking alcohol into my mind, my mind started on its job of preparing to stay away from the alcohol and changing my life. You can train your mind to love alcohol and you can also train your mind to HATE IT!
- October 27, 2009 was my start date, and believe me, it was really a tough thing to live everyday without my crutch. My mind would not let me go back to that horrible addiction to alcohol because I prepared my mind and said i would do anything I had to do to stay sober and i refused to let my own self down, along with others that loved and cared about me.
- I wanted a better life for myself and my family and the only way to give that better life to all of us was to stop drinking alcohol once and for all.
- You have to be strong for yourself and not let anything or any body stand in your way of your sobriety. I had my drinking buddies make fun of me and say to me, " What, you quit drinking? You are no fun now! Come on, just have one beer with us. They tried everything under the sun to get me back drinking alcohol again, but my prepared mind and my soul stood strong and never gave in. This is what each and ever alcoholic has to do in order to find their sobriety in life.
- If you think you are not strong enough, you are dead wrong! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, believe me, i thought the same way and I proved myself wrong.
- Make up your mind once and for all if you want sobriety in your live or just keep on living that miserable life you now have being an alcoholic and a drunk. The ball is in your court just as it was in mine, so go after that new, clean and healthy life. It will be the best thing you could ever do for yourself. Just give it your all and give your own life a second chance, because God knows it may be your last chance to make good for yourself.
GOD BLESS ALL THOSE THAT ARE SUFFERING WITH ANY KIND OF ADDICTION!
© 2011 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
Here is feeling lost and empty after an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol and my story and thoughts on just how I got through the torture. I call this torture because alcohol was my life, my best friend, and something I...
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
So you own a home and the upstairs is just not enough living space for you and then you realize that you have a full basement below full of all the stuff you have in storage.