How To Get Rid Of A Cold Sores Overnight
How To Get Rid Of A Cold Sore Overnight
Whether you're in rut about looking you're best for tomorrow's evening's important date, or can't stand the thought of walking into work looking a little worse for wear, this article is hellbent on providing you your best chance to rapidly clear up that cold sore (and not at the expense of your health either).
The long and short of cold sores are that they are simply the most common symptom that accompanies the herpes simplex virus. Unfortunately, while we can't remove the underlying virus, we can treat the symptoms efficiently, and the condition while contagious, is harmless (unless you are immune suppressed, in which case you should contact your doctor immediately).
Arginine Rich Foods
Here's you're temporary do not eat list!
- Egg white
- Cereal Grain
Try Some Home Remedies
The amount of time it takes you to intervene when dealing with cold sores can have an impact on how long it will take to remove them. While reading this article grab an ice bag and press it firmly onto your cold sore (it will slow the virus's ability to replicate itself).
- Smother it with petroleum jelly in order to help it heal and reduce the chance of unpleasant secondary infections.
- Keep it clean, and keep it dry when possible.
- Try changing your toothbrush, it may now harbor the virus.
- Eat lysine rich foods when you start feeling the tell-tale onset symptoms. I recommend getting a doctor's nod on this one though.
- Steer clear of foods high in arginine. The virus feeds off this amino acid, by depriving them of copious quantities of this substances, you'll starve it.
- Chew some licorice! Make sure it isn't just a flavored stick, the real deal is fantastic at freezing (no pun intended) the virus in its tracks.
- Remember that applying a milk-soaked cotton-ball on the cold sore can reduce pain.
The Overnight Kind Of Remedy
Most of the strategies listed above will work -- but may not work swiftly enough for your tastes. There are a number of antiviral medications and topical creams that will obliterate the virus. but in most cases will necessitate a visit to a doctor.
- Denavir - An FDA approved topical cream that takes care of business in a couple of days (not quite overnight, but not bad).
- A low dosage of Acyclovir (FDA approved).
- Valacyclovir and Famiciclovir, but of which cut down the infection by days. But again, you'll want to consult a physician.
On top of doing all of the above, don't forget to address the triggers of the outbreak. Infected salive is not the only way to spread disease, and factors such as stress, fatigue, immune system changes and colds can lead to an outbreak (and believe-you-me it will happen again!).
I hope this article was of use to you in your quest to terminate your cold sore. Perhaps in retrospect the "How To Get Rid Of A Cold Sore Overnight" claim may have been a little overblown, but I'm certain that these methods are as quick as it gets!
Please feel free to share your remedies with me in the comments section below and I'll factor them in the article!
More by this Author
Learn about academic anxiety, in what ways it plagues us and how to fix it with the help of this concise guide.
Learn how soon you can take a pregnancy test, how it works and what to expect with this simple and concise guide!
Fair and pale skin can tan too! A complete rundown on how to achieve a healthy, sun-kissed look no matter which shade of pale you are!