How To Get Rid of Cankles
Cankles - The Dreaded Ankle Fat
To some women, cankles can be just as unsightly as having a double chin. It makes them feel less than perfect, less beautiful and they want to know how to get rid of these cankles.
Well, no one is perfect. Nevertheless, if you want to know how to get rid of cankles, there might be a solution to losing the dreaded ankle fat.
So what exactly are cankles?
What are Cankles and What Causes Them?
Cankles, as the name might suggest is where the calves and the ankles look like they're just one thing - it looks almost like you don't have any ankles and your calves and your feet are joined.
Cankles isn't a medical term and there doesn't seem to be one for the condition either. Having ankle fat isn't dangerous at all and can be caused by a number of things including but not limited to being overweight and genetics.
Other causes of cankles can be attributed to edema or water retention due to kidney problems, pregnancy or inflammation of the lymphatic system.
Although it generally affects you if you're fat, there are a lot of women who aren't fat that claim to have cankles.
Options for Getting Rid of Cankles
For women who are affected by cankles, there are some options for getting rid of them. Some of these may or may not work for you for different reasons depending on which option you chose.
1. Liposuction or Liposculpting - This method of getting rid of cankles may be a little extreme for something that is only a cosmetically unappealing but when you think of all the people who get nose jobs and boob jobs, it makes a little sense why some may want to go this route.
The disadvantages to this method apart from it being very costly - usually around $4000 - $8000 for an outpatient procedure is that it can be a bit dangerous. Any damage to the number or tissues and nerves around the foot area can lead to a much bigger problem.
Here's a clip of one woman who opted for the procedure.
2. Dieting - Although cankles do affect women who aren't overweight, the majority of people who have cankles do have excess body fat. Actually, even if you're not overweight, you may still have excess body fat.
The likely option for losing this excess body fat that may help reduce the look of cankles is to find a diet program and stick to it. I can hear you saying it right now - why should you have to go on a diet if you're not fat.
Not all diets are for overweight people. In fact, Jon Benson, author of Fit Over 40, 7 Minute Muscle and a bunch of other great fitness books, has a great diet that he himself uses to keep his body fat down. Its called the Every Other Day Diet and has different plans for different body types.
If you're overweight, you can use the diet. If you consider yourself athletic and still think you have cankles then there's also a plan in there specifically for you to help burn off that excess fat.
Dieting to reduce cankles may or may not work since its just in the genes of some people to have fat in certain places.
- Does the EODD Diet Really Work? - An Every Other Day Diet Review
Over the years, weight loss diets have gotten a bad rap. Maybe rightfully so because many of them simply do not work. So each time a new diet pops up, it is looked at with skepticism. Does it work? Can you...
3. Exercise - The third option for losing your ankle fat is exercise. There are exercises you can do to help tone the way your calves look and get that defined shape at the ankles. Doing cardio for any fat affected body area while combining your workouts with a diet regiment can usually work wonders.
The video below featuring calf raises, is just an example of one exercise you can do to get rid of cankles.
Bye Bye Cankles
- Bye Bye Cankles can help.
This guide can help you get rid of dreaded cankles before you think of dangerous and expensive lipo procedures that can possibly do more harm than good.
Learn To Relax and Just Live With Cankles
Hopefully, whichever option you choose, one of them will work for you. If not, relax.
Cankles is not the end of the world. Focus on loving yourself the way you are. There are more important things to worry about than having fatty ankles. Most people won't even notice them anyway. Before the term cankles became popular, I've never once looked at someones ankles and thought they were less than perfect.
Learn to live with your cankles by doing what magicians do - something called misdirection. The magic happens when they make the crowd notice something else instead.
- Smile more - more people will look at your face instead.
- Accessorize - trendy handbag, necklace etc can get the attention of others.
- Don't wear shoes or clothing that pulls attention to your ankles. Doesn't mean you can't wear capris but you have to tell yourself that your cankles do not matter. It won't matter to most people either.
More by this Author
Congratulations! You're pregnant. So what now? Like any other expecting mother, you would want the best for your child and since you are looking for information on how to quit smoking while pregnant, its safe to say...
Lately, weight loss diets have been moving away from traditional methods - counting calories, cutting carbs etc and focusing more on eating what YOU want. Just take a look at any of the new diets (like the Food Lovers...
Over the years, weight loss diets have gotten a bad rap. Maybe rightfully so because many of them simply do not work. So each time a new diet pops up, it is looked at with skepticism. Does it work? Can you really lose...