How To Keep Living The Clean Life After Surrendering To An Alcohol Addiction
Millions of people in our world drink alcohol as we all know, but some of us just overdue how much they drink and don't know the word social drinker or having a social drink.
Then again there are so many people that have surrendered to their demons and are now living the clean life as I have been for the last four years.
People that have stopped drinking alcohol may often ask, "how to keep living the clean life after surrendering to an alcohol addiction?" I asked those same words when I decided to stop drinking alcohol forever.
FREE AT LAST
JUST HOW TO STAY CLEAN AND SOBER
When we decide to release our demons and start to live the clean life we will be fighting those demons each and everyday until they know they have no chance of taking over our life again.
The demons of alcohol will never completely go away because they will hide inside us just waiting for us to break down and take that sip of alcohol that will put us in danger of be taking over again by our demons.
Every once and awhile I get that urge to drink alcohol, and my demons are just waiting in the wings for me, or you, to slip up and take that first drink of possibly many more if we do so.
All of us need to strong and determined to stay sober and live the clean life forever. If we are weak, our addiction will start to take back over where it left off before we became clean and sober.
Temptations and urges will come about us every once and awhile, but stay strong and positive, and if you have the willingness and desire to say no to those demons that are knocking on your door, you will get through that urge, and it will go as it came. Don't give in ever!
ADDICTIONS TO SOBRIETY
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO STAY CLEAN AND SOBERSee results without voting
THINGS TO DO TO STAY CLEAN AND SOBER
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS I DO TO KEEP CLEAN AND SOBER:
- First of all, I stay positive all the time and try my hardest to not let anything get to me that would make me have that craving to drink alcohol.
- I write articles every single day regarding alcohol addiction.
- I keep my body and mind busy every moment I am awake.
- I eat well and drink plenty of water.
- I exercise everyday by walking 10 to 12 miles.
- I think everyday of how proud I am of myself for what I had accomplished getting sober.
- I try to talk to those that come to me regarding their alcoholism and addiction.
- I now spend quality time with my wife that stood by my side through my addiction to alcohol.
- Even though I am sober, I do talk to others of and tell them sobriety will change your life. my life with alcohol addiction
- I try to encourage people to at least try and get sober. You will not be sorry you did.
JUST TAKE THAT FIRST STEP AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS
MY TIPS ON LIVING THE CLEAN LIFE
- Stay positive at all times no matter what happens in your life.
- No negative thoughts at anytime.
- Be proud of yourself of what you have accomplished.
- Exercise each and everyday.
- Eat healthy.
- If being around those that drink alcohol bothers you, just stay away.
- If you get that urge to drink while in recovery think of something happy that will get your mind off alcohol.
- Keep your body and mind busy and active at all times.
- Write articles as I do to help you stay sober.
- Writing articles helps me because I know someone in the world will read them and maybe just one article might help them to get and stay sober.
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF
Once you have surrendered to your alcohol addiction, never give up or get disgusted enough to make you go back to your old ways of drinking alcohol.
If so, you will be so disappointed in yourself the next day, for you have let the demons once again back into your life. If and when you ever get that urge to drink because something is just not working out the way you wished it would, don't go to alcohol to fix the problem. It will never work. It never worked for me that is for sure. Alcohol only make things worse than they really are.
Anyone that has had an addiction and now are sober knows exactly what I am talking about. Alcohol fixes nothing even though at that present time we are drinking our sorrows away we think alcohol is making us make all the right decisions. Not True at all!
The few times I got those urges to drink I admittedly found something to do or I started to think of something other than alcohol. The urge will pass, at least it does for me, because you and I have to be stronger than our past addiction. That is the only way you will win against your demons, because believe me the demons are just waiting for us to mess up and start drinking alcohol again. Don't let it happen to you again!
SURRENDERING TO AN ADDICTION
More by this Author
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
There are so many people that are addicted to alcohol in our society today. These people are literary chained to their addiction with no escape in site.
So you own a home and the upstairs is just not enough living space for you and then you realize that you have a full basement below full of all the stuff you have in storage.