How To Live Without Alcohol In Your Life
There are many things we need in life to live, but you need to know how to live without alcohol in your life.
I have nothing against drinking alcohol if it is done in a responsible way and not to drink alcohol just to get continually drunk everyday of the week like so many alcoholics do, including my past experiences with alcohol.
Alcohol is one thing you don't need in your life if you don't know how to handle and control your alcohol intake.
There is nothing at all in having some drinks (social drinks) with family and friends and celebrating that Holiday or that special occasion, but there are millions of people that just can't have a drink or two, and I am one of those people.
The demons of alcohol have settled in our body and just waiting for us to put that first drink to our lips, and then it is over for many of us that lose control of our drinking.
I would love to be able to have a social drink and then say. "well I have had enough." That would be a wonderful thing if that could happen, but not ever possible in my lifetime. There are so many people that stopped drinking alcohol and have been sober for so many years and they know deep down inside if they were to take that first drink it would be over for them.
That is how I think and how I feel, because I know that if I were to drink that first drink I would relapse that fast. The demons would thank me for giving in and losing my willpower and strength to stay sober.
Now, if you or I would cheat and take that first drink and continue to have another and another, how would you feel about yourself when the night is over and you are buzzed or drunk?
I know I would be SO disappointed in myself that I gave into the demons that almost ruined my life years before. How would feel if it were you? I know I wouldn't be proud at all and so pissed off at myself. Many people that do cheat and take that first drink and continue to drink the night away will say to themselves, "it is only one night with a few drinks." It will not be just one night. It will be from then on and I can just about bank on that.
LIFE OF ALCOHOL ADDICTION
WHAT IS THE REASON YOU DRINK ALCOHOL
I am going to throw up some reasons I drank alcohol and you see if any of these reasons sound familiar to you. These are some good reasons to drink alcohol (or are they?)
- I drink because I like the taste of alcohol.
- I drink to solve my problems, (so I thought.)
- I drink to get that almighty buzz.
- I drink to get totally drunk.
- I drink so that others will like me and be my friend, because now I am one of them.
- I drink for more self-confidence.
- I drink to be more social.
- I drink to be funny around others and they laugh and think I am nuts and crazy.
- I drink to be the center of attention. ( oh yes, center of attention when you are acting like a jackass and slurring your words.)
- I drink to stumble all over with no balance to walk straight.
- I drink to start fights in bars and occasions.
- I drink because i love hangovers.
- I drink because I love getting sick from drinking.
- I drink because I love getting behind the wheel and drive.
- I drink because I love being pulled over by the Police and given a DUI.
- I drink to put myself and others in harms way.
- I drink to be more daring.
**** I know a lot of the above is not why we drink alcohol, but some are, and those things mentioned are how we are after we get carried away with our drinking of alcohol. You know as well as I do that these are the things that could, and most of the time, will happen if we drink alcohol to the point it changes every part of us.
MY eBOOK ON MY LIFE OF ALCOHOL ADDICTION
- My Life Of Alcohol Addiction: Peter Mark Bruno: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
My Life Of Alcohol Addiction: Peter Mark Bruno: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
STAND ALONE AND BE THE SMART AND SOBER ONE
THINK BEFORE YOU DRINK
So, if you want to live life without alcohol in it there is only ONE way to do it and THAT IS DON'T DRINK AT ALL AND YOU WILL BE ALCOHOL FREE AND LIVING THE CLEAN LIFE!
OTHER RELATED HUBS THAT MAY HELP YOU GET SOBER
- Looking Inside The Mind Of An Alcoholic
A look into the mind of an alcoholic to see how we think and live our lives with an addiction.
- Getting Behind The Wheel Drunk
- Drinking And Driving Over .08
- How A Positive Attitude Can Change Your Life
- Why Do Alcoholics Lie Saying They Will Quit Drinking?
More by this Author
You may wonder just how alcohol can ruin your life and I am here to tell you it is almost 100 percent sure to destroy you and your family if you let it happen. The alcoholic has no control over the demons within them,...
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
Here is feeling lost and empty after an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol and my story and thoughts on just how I got through the torture. I call this torture because alcohol was my life, my best friend, and something I...