How To Overcome The Fear Of Sobriety
Never Fear Sobriety
How do you feel about the way you are living your life now? Are you completely content with your life and if not, would you be able to give up something that is a big part of your life style?
Yes, as you may know I am speaking of people that may be addicted to alcohol and are having a hard time surrendering to it and finding sobriety.
There are so many people that know that drinking alcohol and being addicted to it is not the best life to live. They know it is wrong and many may want to surrender to the addiction, but they fear sobriety because they haven't had it for so long.
For all those that may have an alcohol addiction and are afraid to become clean and sober, you must find out how to overcome the fear of sobriety and that may take some real doings on your part.
The Love - Hate Feeling of Addiction
Here is a short story of my life over one year ago, and how I was terrified to surrender to my alcohol addiction, even though I wanted sobriety so bad in my life.
I feared to be clean and sober because I never knew what it was like to go without a alcoholic drink each and everyday of my life. It was a bad habit that turned into a bad alcohol addiction.
My heart goes out to anyone that is addicted to alcohol, because I know what the feeling is to wake up everyday and the first thing you think of when you open your eyes is when can I get my first drink of the day.
Alcohol addiction to me is like a love hate relationship in the sense that I loved to drink alcohol, but I knew it was slowly killing me and destroying my family and all love that we shared together.
Sometimes it may take a horrible thing to happen in an alcoholics life before they decide it time to make that huge change in their life and find that sobriety they have been missing in their life for so long. This wake up call may just save the alcoholics life.
When I made my final decision to become clean and sober, I said to myself, " I know I'm doing right, but living life sober is going to be a huge adjustment in my life and for that matter any alcoholics life as well that wants sobriety back into their lives."
Living Life Sober
Tips on Finding Your Sobriety
So you have made up your mind that you want sobriety back in your life again and now you have find out what you can do to make it happen.
Here I will give you tips on exactly what I did and how I prepared for my sobriety:
- First and foremost, You MUST WANT to change your life and surrender to your addiction. Without the want to stop drinking alcohol you might as well stop reading this. In order to be successful in your sobriety it is a must that you take every drastic action necessary to make your life clean and sober once and for all.
- I had to change the way I looked at myself and the way I looked at life itself.
- I had to prepare for my sobriety and this huge change in my life by telling myself, life will be so much better without drinking alcohol and I will feel so much better and healthier each and everyday I remain sober.
- I looked at my life as it was at that very moment and asked myself, am I really happy or can I make my life happier by becoming clean and sober?
- I looked into the future and asked myself where would I be in years to come if I continued on with this addicted life style I now lead. You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to see what your future will be if you stay on this destructive path of alcohol addiction you now have.
- One more very important thing, and a must, is to start off with a Positive Attitude, by telling yourself that you Can and Will beat this alcohol addiction and will not fear sobriety for one more minute.
- Now comes the hard part, You are going to have to make a promise to yourself. This promise to yourself will change your life, and it will give you a longer, healthier and happier future life. You may hesitate on this promise, but believe me without it you will never have long term sobriety as I see it.
- THE PROMISE IS: I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PICK UP ANOTHER ALCOHOLIC DRINK AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!
- Now, if you are okay with this promise you must make to yourself, and you have that positive attitude that will help you for sure get you through this hurdle in your life, you are well on your way to finding your Sobriety!
These are some of the things that helped me find my sobriety. If you open up to yourself and be totally honest with yourself and say I want to change my life and become clean and sober it will happen. Just try some of the above and hopefully these little tips will help you in your quest to become sober and also help you overcome the fear of sobriety and live a long, and healthy live ahead.
God Bless all those that are suffering from any addiction. Do not Fear Sobriety, for being Sober will never hurt anyone, it will only Improve and Prolong Your Life.
- Mark's Sobriety Store
IN MY SOBRIETY STORE YOU WILL FIND SO MANY HELPFUL AND WONDERFUL BOOKS ON BEATING AN ADDICTION AND FINDING SOBRIETY, HAPPINESS AND FULFILLMENT IN YOUR LIFE AND MUCH MORE. INCLUDING GREAT BUYS ON COMPUTERS AND ACCESSORIES AND GREAT RELAXING MUSIC CDs.
© 2011 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
There are so many people that are addicted to alcohol in our society today. These people are literary chained to their addiction with no escape in site.
Here is feeling lost and empty after an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol and my story and thoughts on just how I got through the torture. I call this torture because alcohol was my life, my best friend, and something I...
You may wonder just how alcohol can ruin your life and I am here to tell you it is almost 100 percent sure to destroy you and your family if you let it happen. The alcoholic has no control over the demons within them,...