How and Will the Celebrity Style 5 Factor Diet Work for You?
The 5 Factor Diet Program. Have you heard of it before? Probably yes, as it is very popular among Hollywood celebrities like Jessica Simpson, Halle Berry, Kanye West et. al. Aside from the 5 Factor diet program, there are many diet programs to choose from, be it online, books or attending a session or a class with nutritionist. All diet plans has something to offer, all you need to do is to check which diet programs is best for you and one that may work well for you. One diet program is the 5 Factor Diet program which was introduced by Harley Pasternak to help celebrities with their dietary and food requirements. Celebrities have a busy life and the 5 Factor Diet which he introduced helped them in a way to make a healthy diet in fast and nutritious way. In this very busy world in which we live in, a fast easy and nutritious way of eating is a must. The main tenets of 5 Factor Diet is 5 meals a day, 5 ingredients per recipe, and 5 minute preparation time. Again it seems to be easy as it seems, but how it will work for you is another question. Plus will it work for the common people? Let us see what is all about the hype in the 5 Factor Diet.
Objectives of the article:
- To discuss the 5 factor diet
- Discuss in brief how it works
- Discuss the issue whether it will work for you
- Provide a sample menu typical of the program "5 Factor Diet"
5 Factor Diet
The Man Behind the 5 Factor Diet -- Harley Pasternak
The Man Behind the 5 Factor Diet -- Harley Pasternak
Harley Pasternak who was born August 6, 1974 is the man behind the 5 Factor diet. He is a Canadian born personal trainer, public speaker and author. "Celeb trainer Harley Pasternak has traveled the world while keeping A-list celebs in A-plus shape, and he took some notes on international eating habits while on the road." The basis of his book is his cross cultural experiences and a by product of his travels around the world comparing the lifestyle of the people in the countries with with high life expectancy and ones with the lowest rates in obesity.
Harley Pasternak was educated in kinesiology, nutrition and exercise physiology. He got introduced to Cormody who is a major film producer in Canada, helping Carmody to lose 70 pounds. Carmody in turn referred Jim Caviezel to Pasternak to get in shape. After getting "dramatic" results from working with Stephen Dorff as he had just four weeks to make Dorff plausibly look like he was recently released from jail and had been working out for six years. That started his career so to speak. from then on after he released his book, he became a mega hit in the world of fitness among celebrities.
He published two books about fitness and both are both bestsellers.
Weight Loss - 5 factor Diet
How it works -- The 5 Factor Diet
Pasternak developed the 5 Factor Diet that advocates eating five meals a day, each of which must include five components (lean protein, carbohydrates low to moderate on the glycemic index, 5-10 grams of fiber, healthy fats and a sugar free beverage). His 5-Factor Workout requires a minimum of only 25 minutes of five-minute cycles, five times a week.
Weight Loss - 5 factor Diet
- The plan is designed for 5 weeks. its objective is to set you up to use it for a lifetime and it will be come your lifestyle
5 meals a day
- The objective is to eat five meals a day. And it wil also test you endurance to avoid cravings and hunger. By this philosophy, eating five meals a day it supposedly curb your hunger and cravings as well for the whole day!.
- The philosophy is that eating healthy and delicious meals doesn't mean to be difficult. Those who avail of this services will get hundred of recipes which uses 5 ingredients and you will cook it for only 5 minutes.
- , He also believes that working out more often for shorter periods of time is more effective than spending hours at the gym, (Based on Harley's training experience), that is why he devised a 25 minute work out that goes with food dieting
The bonus is that you have a " cheat day"
5 cheat days in 5 weeks
- He said that in order to be empowered you need a break for one day in a week. He advised that you should feel that you are not in jail for example. He generally believes controlled eating is best for you to reach your goals and objectives.You will aos need the 5-Factor Weight-Loss Tools, see below list.
You need the following tools on 5 factor Diet:
- Daily Meal Planner, Hundreds of Recipes, Personal Recipe Box, Shopping List Tool,Food Log, Cooking Shortcuts, Eating Out Guide, Custom Fitness Plan, Activity Calculator, Weight Tracker, Online Journal, Ideal Weight Calculator, Daily Inspiration, Message Boards
Other points that are important:
- Since he is also recommending the 25 minutes work out for you everyday, he provides instructions to it by a way of a book about fitness. So far, he published two books already, one for the diet and for the fitness.
- Plus there is an online discussion group if you want assistance about the program
- The two books about diet and fitness are also available at amazon.com
A Sample from the 5 Factor Diet
How to Cook Omelet -- "Broccoli-Cheddar Omelet"
How many people it will serve : 4 serving
5 Core Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups egg whites
- 6 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped (NOTE: You can use any green vegetable in your refrigerator in place of the broccoli)
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
How to Cook:
- Begin with mixing together the egg whites, Mrs. Dash, salt, and pepper. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the broccoli florets and cook and stir until they are bright green. Mix the egg whites and cook while gently pushing them to the center with a rubber spatula. When the egg mixture begins to set on the bottom, turn it over. Cover the pan after sprinkling it with cheese. Then cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese begins to melt.In serving it : Slide the omelet onto a plate and fold in half plus cut in half and serve with toast.
The Nutrition facts per serving: 298 calories, 31g protein, 47g carbohydrate, 3g fat (0.1g saturated), 10g fiber.
Will it work for you?
- The usual question about embarking in a diet plan is the BIG Question, will it work for you? In my opinion, if the diet plan like the 5 Factor diet works well with your lifestyle and you are determined to pursue it, and spend some time learning it, then it will work for you. dedication, patience and consistency is always needed in every endeavor. Make "healthy living with healthy diets" your motto and stick with it. Don't get frustrated and wait for the result. Since the program is also interactive then you can join online discussion group because it might help you and you need group to coax you as well as for support system.
- Invest on buying the book as a guideline, join the discussion group online and spend some time reading the book. The regimen involves planning as it requires you to go to supermarket and buy foods which are healthy diet as described in the book "The 5-Factor" Diet.
- The 5-Factor Diet
It's the simplest way to lose weight! In just five minutes -- using just five ingredients -- you can whip up delicious, nutritious recipes that will help you stay slim.
You can also read other articles about weight loss
- Healthy Diet 101 : How to Make it Work For You
Healthy Diet 101 : How to Make it Work For You Knowing the basic of a "healthy diet" is very important in healthy living. Sticking to a healthy diet plan is another thing and it is the most difficult thing...
- How to Reduce Weight the Acupressure Way
How to Reduce Weight the Acupressure Way The cheapest way to reduce weight is the alternative way of medicine or maintaining health which is also defined as holistic view of medicine and/or healing....
- Attitudes That Will Help When You Want to Lose Weight
Attitudes that Will Help When You Want to Lose Weight All of us want to have a healthier body, but most often that not, we don't do anything about it. Our attitude towards losing weight is as vivid as...
- Weight Loss : Finding Motivations and Inspiring Quotes
Weight Loss : Finding Motivations and Inspiring Quotes According to researches conducted all the things you are doing when it comes to losing weight are futile until and unless you put it in your heart...
More by this Author
Photos of Pregnant Celebrities in Sexy Swimwear. I don't know why but some celebrities are just skinny even when they are pregnant, they are slim and still manage to gain little weight and look sexy with added extra...
Acupressure for Lovers: The Power of Touch Acupressure for Lovers: The Power of Touch. Have you heard of that before? It is amazing how the power of touch can give pleasure specially to lovers. Know the basic of...
The Famous Quotes and Sayings of Irish Poet Oscar Wilde His Life and other Works Oscar Wilde was an Irish playwright, poet, short story writer, journalist who was born on October 16, 1854 in Dublin Ireland and...