How To Avoid Gaining Weight When Quitting Smoking
There is no need to gain weight when you quit smoking
1. Do NOT substitute anything for the habit.
- lemon drops
- sunflower seeds for the habit
If you substitute anything for the habit...(even if it is non-caloric), you will keep the habit alive. If the habit is kept alive long enough, you will eventually either gain a lot of weight and then go back to smoking (because you were thinner as a smoker...well that is what you will tell yourself!), or you will just keep the habit alive enough so that one day.....you may go back to smoking.
2. Drink 1/2 of glass water before each meal. This will fill you up faster so you won't over eat.
3. Drink as much water as you possibly can. Drinking water will help to keep your metabolism up.
4. Cut down on foods with high sodium levels.
5. Start to exercise at your target heart rate.
More by this Author
Ideas of how you can reward yourself (without smoking) These are some ideas of rewards!!! Grow your own flowers! Pet your dog or cat or talk to them ..they do understand! ...
There are two reasons that people gain weight when they stop smoking or stop chewing. People substitute food, candy gum for the smoking habit. You need to learn to let the habit die of neglect, don't feed the...
What happens when you quit smoking (going "cold turkey" or with methods such as Chantix, Zyban, hypnosis, acupuncture, or nicotine patches), and how to avoid or alleviate the side effects.