How to Get Rid of Acne in a Week
Millions of people in the world suffer from acne. Acne can be very embarrassing and very hard to cure. Fortunately, I was able to develop a daily routine not only to get rid of acne, but to prevent it from returning as well. Below I will share with you the methods that I have tried and what ultimately worked. Follow my advice, and you can get rid of your acne in a week.
Things that didn't work
The Toothpaste Method I had read online that toothpaste can get rid of acne if you just leave it on overnight. Unfortunately, this was not true for me. I left the toothpaste on only to find the exact same amount of acne the next day. I repeated this simple routine for a while and no results.
Natural Method After having no success with toothpaste, I decided to try a more natural method. I read online that using crushed mint with a little lemon juice could get rid of acne in no time. So I followed this routine daily and still no results.
The Eggshell Method Yes, I was that desperate. I decided to try putting the interior of eggshells on the parts of my face with a lot of acne. To my dismay, however, this method did not get rid of my acne.
Success at last!
After trying so many methods, I finally found the one that worked not only for me but for my brother as well. If you follow the simple steps below you, too, may be able to get rid of acne in a week!
1. Wash Your Face (Facial Cleanser) This is the first thing you should do when you wake up. I usually do it in the shower. You should use a facial cleanser that is pretty easy to wash off. Make sure to be gentle when applying this cleanser to your skin as irritation can cause even more acne. Also, be sure to wash your hands before you touch your face. Any facial cleanser should work for this step. After you have washed your face, pat it dry with a towel and continue on to step 2.
2. Apply Salicylic Acid Salicylic acid is very easy to find, and it is not very expensive. I usually purchase a small container with about 50 pads that contain this acid. As with the cleanser, make sure to be gentle when you apply the salicylic acid to your face. Put this acid all over and not just on the infected spots.
3. Sweat! This step is incredibly important if you want to get rid of your acne fast. After you have completed steps 1 and 2, your face will feel awfully dry. Many people will tell you to use a moisturizer. I disagree as many moisturizers cause acne. Instead, you should take a bike ride or go running. You can do anything that makes you sweat significantly. I usually bounce on my trampoline for an hour or so (NOTE: This step can also be replaced by swimming as the sea water is very good for your skin). Sweat is actually comprised of oily substances which cause acne. Therefore, getting this sweat out of your body gives the acne less to feed on. You are essentially creating an uninhabitable environment for your acne. Step 4 must be completed right after this step.
4. Wash Your Face (Water) If you don't follow this step right after you sweat, you won't be able to get rid of your acne. First you should wash your hands with soap and water. Then make sure to wash your face after doing any sort of physical activity that makes you perspire. Don't, however, use a facial cleanser to do this. You should, instead, use cold water. Make sure to wash every part of your face until the sweat is no longer there. Next, pat your face dry with a towel.
5. Eat Healthy This is actually one of the most important steps to getting rid of acne. Not many people think that poor diet correlates with increased acne, but I believe it does. This means you should cut any junk food out of your diet. Don't eat fried food or ice cream, don't drink soda or milkshakes. Also, make sure you are getting your full 5 servings of vegetables every day.
6. Apply Benzoyl Peroxide This should be done right before you go to bed. Benzoyl peroxide is easy to find in stores, and it really helps to get rid of acne. Make sure to wash your hands, and then wash your face. Use the same facial cleanser that you used in Step 1 to do this. Then pat your face dry with a towel. Finally, squirt some benzoyl peroxide in your hands and rub it all over your face (not just the infected areas). Your skin may feel rather dry after you do this and may also burn slightly, but since you are going to bed right after it won't bother you too much. Make sure not to apply to much if you have never used it before or if you have sensitive skin. You should slightly increase the amount you use every time until you feel that it is working well.
7. Go To Bed, Wake Up, Repeat Steps This routine is not a very hard one to follow, and trust me, it works. You should notice a daily decrease in the amount of acne. Plus, your acne will likely lose its redness within the first few days. I hope that this method works as well for you as it has for me. I only had moderate acne, though, so I assume it would take a little longer for someone with severe acne to get rid of it completely.
More by this Author
There are many reasons why your nose could be runny. It is important that you keep an eye out for other symptoms that could indicate any of the below diagnoses. 1. Common Cold: This is one of the most common causes of...
Everyone knows about using exercise to lose weight, but here are ten other (easier and more fun!) ways you can exercise, without having to go to the gym.