How to Heal with Flowers?
80% of Drugs Are Plant-Based
It has been shown through medical research over the past hundred years that plant remedies are extremely efficient. Eighty percent of our pharmaceutical drugs are plant-based!
Healing with flowers and herbs is as ancient as humanity and for an extend period of time it was the only medical option available. Herbalism is an essential part of Indian, Asian, Native American and Naturalistic medicines.
With the proliferation of undesirable side effects derived from pharmaceutical concoctions, many people are turning to gentler treatments that have minimal side effects with flower remedies. Certain flowers and herbal mixtures can bring the entire body into equilibrium and harmony.
How to Use Flowers to Heal?
You can use flowers to heal by inhaling an uplifting scent, drinking a soothing tea, unwinding with a relaxing flower oil massage, or having the subtle energy of a flower essence to act with your deepest emotions.
- Flower oils are highly concentrated extracts obtained either by steam distillation or cold pressing flowers, leaves, roots, berries, stems, seeds, barks or resins of numerous plants. They contain volatile oils with concentrated natural hormones, vitamins, antibiotics and antiseptics that are healing. Taking in the vapors can be calming and curative.
- Flower teas are used with heated water and contain thousands of beneficial compounds. You may use a tea bag form or cuttings of a raw herb.
How to Prepare a Flower Essence
Making a flower essence is truly quite simple. You can gather a plain, clear glass bowl, pure spring water, and a high-quality brandy as a preservative. On a brilliant, sun-drenched morning pick organic fresh flowers and place them in a bowl completely filled with fresh spring water. Set the bowl on a table where no shadows, including your own, will pass over it for the next three to four hours. At the conclusion of that time, you will see a mystical transformation take place,the life force of the blossoms will have oozed into the water through the charismatic energy of the sunlight. Take out the delicate flowers and pour the flower essence into a dark glass bottle and add brandy to preserve it.
You may place one or two drops under your tongue to experience its healing effects or eat the edible flower petals, and be blown away with exquisite taste and wonder.
How to Use Flower Oils
One way to use flower oils is to breathe in their vapors. You can sprinkle a few drops on a handkerchief or on your pillow at nighttime. Lavender essential oil is powerful in helping to slow down the nerves and set you off into a deep slumber.
You can also use an oil burner that can be diffused into the air you breathe or add a few drops to a warm bath.
Another way is to have a massage therapist dilute the flower oil with almond or coconut oil and knead your skin with it.
Using the Most Common Flower Treatments
- You may use chamomile and lavender to sedate your senses and relieve a headache while rosemary and geranium can be used to uplift your mood.
- Vervain and lady's mantle tea can be used to relieve PMS and marigold petals can be used to normalize your menses.
- If you suffer with menopausal symptoms, then rose water can be a great help in alleviating discomfort and sage powder mixed with water can help with hot flashes.
- You can use lavender, tea tree or witch hazel to clear an abscess and acne. Simply mix a few drops of these essential oils with a bland carrier oil and use as a toner twice a day until your symptom clear up.
- For respiratory ailments use a steam inhalation with the essential oils of peppermint combined with eucalyptus or tea tree oil to help break up mucus in your bronchial tubes, nasal passages and throat.
- Marigold flowers can be eaten to help fight against digestive infections while Lotus petals and stems treats insomnia, colds, sunstroke and fever.
Edible Flowers for You
What Do You Think?
Which flower remedies work best for you?See results without voting
Edible Flowers Are a Life Saver for Certain Diseases
What It Is Used For
How to Use Flowers?
Releases Tension and Stress
Drink in a Tea Form
Sip in a Hot Tea or Chew Fresh Root
Improves Activity of the Endocrine Glands
Eat Fresh Organic Petals
Helps Treatment of Cancer Tumors
Eat Fresh Organic Petals
Use as a Compress
Better Quality of Sleep
Drink in a Tea Form
Certain Flowers are Extremely Curative
Flower remedies are non evasive and non toxic. You can't overdose from using a floral massage oil or tea tincture. There are no side effects and they will heal your ailment from the inside out.
The most basic precaution is not to overdo inhaling essential oils. Using them once a day is fine or else you can develop asthma from inhaling too much floral fragrance.
A flower remedy can work as well as a prescribed medication. The results may take longer to feel the effects, however, it will eventually cure your ill.
Please feel free to voice your concerns in the comment section of this hub regarding how a certain floral remedy worked for you.
Would You, Enjoy Another Health Hub?
- The Benefits and Advantages of Herbal Medicine! The Effects of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Provid
Alternative health doctors are growing in popularity, and their natural health services aren't covered by insurance! Do you wonder why the FDA approves certain treatments and not herbal medicine?
- How to Use Elevating Colors That Heal?
Colors of clothes and energy levels of the color spectrum affect your body's frequencies in more ways than you can fathom. Discover which blouse colors are more positive!
- How to Relax with Aromatherapy and Get Rid of Stress?
Stress kills, and your breath can alter your outlook in a heartbeat. Aromatherapy helps to calm and revitalize! Discover how to reduce your stress with this special stress buster exercise!
© 2014 Sheila Craan
More by this Author
See how to oxygenate your eyes to improve your eyesight. There are great eye exercises and foods that help vision.
- 11How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus? What Raw Foods to Eat for Toenail Health? Can Diet and Polish Kill It Naturally?
Toe nail fungus is extremely difficult to cure, and nail medications never work! The utmost remedy is to cure your nail fungus with food-grade products, and in diet avoid sugar. This combination works like a charm!
Holistic and Conventional doctors treat blood pressure differently. Some help to curtail it with healthy foods, and unsaturated fat, when others don't! Which doctor is best for you?