How to Help Fight Against Eating Disorders?
Are You Eating Too Much or Not Eating at All?
Eating Disorders Are Psychological in Nature
Eating disorders develop for one reason, or another. Either you refuse to eat, to the level of starvation or overeat, to the point of vomiting, in an attempt to achieve a kind of euphoria or perfection.
What do you deject? The idea of people practicing extreme dieting is difficult to understand. Perhaps, they're unhappy with their position in life.
Extreme modes of harshly treating your body can weaken you to the point of needing emergency medical attention! In a hospital setting, you'll receive specialized treatment to treat your nervousness and psychological eating disorder. Doctors will perform talk therapy and invasive medicinal procedures to salvage your precious spirit.
Models and actresses are at a higher risk for developing an eating disorder compared to the general population. Since, they unusually develop an intense fear of becoming overweight that never truly goes away. Entertainers who are constantly in the limelight have a distorted view of themselves. Since they must perform in differing roles, they mostly feel they are under a restrictive scrutiny to remain perfect.
You Must See Food as a Necessity, Not a Commodity!
Forcing someone to eat will not solve the underlying issue of anorexia nervosa, neither does curtailing someone's appetite fix a bout with bulimia. These types of nervous eaters usually deny there is anything wrong. Teasing or nagging will make matters worse.
Cognitive Talk Therapy is the beginning stage in fighting an eating disorder. The underlying issue must be solved.
Many women with low self-esteem tend to enter abusive relationships and engage in compulsive sexual behaviors that lead to eating disorders. Realize an anorexic or bulimic will use food for comfort to overeat, or not eat at all, to calm an emotional tinge within.
An anorexic normally suffers from a zinc deficiency! They slowly tend to gravitate to the point of starving themselves to death, since they forever believe they are too fat when they peek in the mirror. They will not eat enough in keeping their involuntary muscles functioning. A family member or friend must dramatically intervene and get an anorexic immediate medical care, before their condition escalates to a fatality.
Bulimia is a nervous eating disorder characterized by episodes of uncontrollable binging and eating extremely large amounts of high-calorie foods in a short period of time. Bulimics eat until they are overly full. Then they instantly feel disgraced by their sense of completeness. They’re compelled to get rid of the food they just ate right away! As a result of their shame, they induce vomiting or purge their body of the food eaten, through the use of laxatives, diuretics or enemas. This ravages their digestive system and puts their life in danger.
Disorder Awareness - Get to the Heart of Your Eating Disorder!
You must truthfully realize and admit you're suffering with an eating disorder! It's imperative to eat healthier by avoiding sugar, white flour products, and foods devoid of nutrients.
While you're developing a normal eating pattern, eat plenty of fresh raw fruits and vegetables, with a well-balanced diet that is high in fiber. You must eat adequate amounts of quality protein, such as fresh fish and lean cuts of meat or chicken.
Eating Disorder Recovery Tips...
- Dedicate no more than twenty minutes, of exercise on any given day, so you won’t obsess over your physical appearance. In its place imagine the joy of rebuilding yourself and returning to health.
- Limit the time you spend alone, so you won’t regress into solitude and believe you’re losing control.
- Energize yourself to stop counting calories when eating! Instead, delight in your meals and sense how it is nourishing your cells.
- Get rid of your scales and measuring tapes, so you won't over excess over your weight.
- Realize your worth is not counted in numbers and dimensions.
- Keep a journal that focuses on your positive feelings only.
- Remember, to shred your negative feelings after you've released your thoughts on paper.
- No one is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes! Learn to deal with your mistakes by learning from them instead of bagering yourself.
- Love yourself more!
- Create a burning desire to live carefree and take excellent care of you.
- Make one fresh recovery goal every week and at times try something new, except, do not ever skip a meal.
- Decide to eat the foods that will nourish your cells.
- Stay away from junk foods, (potato chips, candy, milk chocolate, soda, MSG and preservatives).
Recovery from an Eating Disorder Requires Patience
Seek specialized counseling to help you overcome your feelings of low self-esteem, which most likely began at an early age. This may have caused your eating disorder!
Perhaps, you believed you were unloved, not smart enough or worthless by misinterpreting signals from your entourage. The breakup of your parents may have done a dozy on you, for instance.
It's imperative you receive psychological counseling for your eating disorder to get over it. Don't try to do it alone, since the risks of severely damaging your body and ridiculously passing away from your ghastly intake habits are too lofty.
Get a hold of yourself, remain in recovery. And don't ever feel ashamed for seeking help for your eating disorder. Realize no one is perfect and everyone needs help.
Anorexia Disorder Is a Mental Disease That Can Be Treated.
How to Nourish Your Body Again?
Do you have the power to recover from an eating disorder?See results without voting
© 2013 Sheila Craan
More by this Author
You may not be thirsty, but your body surely craves salt and water, especially when you don't want to drink. Celtic Sea Salt is the best salt because of its high mineral content.
Many dentists are slowly killing their patients in promoting tooth decay from the materials they use! Discover healthy mouth care for your gums here.
- 11How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus? What Raw Foods to Eat for Toenail Health? Can Diet and Polish Kill It Naturally?
Toe nail fungus is extremely difficult to cure, and nail medications never work! The utmost remedy is to cure your nail fungus with food-grade products, and in diet avoid sugar. This combination works like a charm!