How to Improve your Chances of Pregnancy - The Do's and Don'ts
If you have visited this page then it is 99% likely that you are already trying, or are in the process of planning to conceive a baby - and therefore you would be hoping to see your very own baby scan in the near future. So here are some figures for you to think about before you try.
- 1 in 6 couples have difficulties trying to get pregnant.
- Over 36,000 people in the UK had IVF treatment in 2007.
- Conceiving has become harder in recent years.
- The number of children per family has dropped heavily in the last 50 years.
- People aged between 16 and 25 have the best chances of conceiving.
So how can you give yourself a better chance at conceiving and having the beautiful baby you dream about? You should read the do's and the don'ts below, to increase your chances of making babies.
DO's - These will increase your chances of producing babies
- Take care of yourself and your body. Make sure that you eat healthily and regularly. A healthy person has more chance of conceiving.
- Get your BMI tested. It is important that you try to maintain a good body mass index. If you have a high or a low BMI then you are risking your chances of fertility by up to 75%. Therefore it is pivital that you exercise regularly and eat healthily.
Improve Your Fertility
- One night a week, will not give you fantastic chances of conceiving! - or in most cases it will most definately take longer to become prognant. You should really try to have as much sex as possible when you are trying for a baby. A common mistake is that people generally try to wait for the times around ovulation when their chances of becoming pregnant are more likely. This is true, but you can still get pregnant by having sex at any time of cycle, so you should try as much as possible to increase your chances.
- Aim to get to your optimum weight. You should ask your GP what this is for you. Keep your stress levels down. Stress can effect your chances of conceiving because the body uses its energy to fight the stress rather than getting you pregnant. Therefore timing of pregnancy is also important.
- Try not to get too upset if you haven't become pregnant in the first couple of months of trying for a baby. Over 90% of women will find themselves pregnant within the first year and half - and some can take even longer. Therefore don't become impatient and do not loose faith. It can still happen.
DONT's - These will decrease your chances of producing babies
- Avoid placing a laptop on your lap if you are a male! Studies show that by having a laptop on your lap it can lead to a lower sperm count - therefore reducing your chances of pregnancy.
- Smokers have a much lower chance of conceiving. For males smoking lowers the sperm count and it increases abnormal sperm. For females smoking increases the chance of a miscarriage by 50%. Therefore you should aim to quit smoking for some time before trying for a baby.
- Drinking also has a negative effect with regards to fertility. You should try to steer away from alcoholic drinks as much as possible as even just a small amount on a regular basis can lead to infertility.
- Avoid drugs. These increase the number of abnormalities in sperm in the same way that smoking does. You should avoid drugs whether you are the male or the female, and this applies also to when you are pregnant as your chance of a miscarriage will increase rapidly.
Exercise Aids to Improve Fertility
More by this Author
Warm air heating is becoming more popular throughout the world, and many newer homes are built with the air vent systems, especially in the USA and also in some parts of Europe. However, it can be quite hard to find out...
Laser Eye Surgery has become popular throughout the world and is understandly widely available also. The country that is generally thought to have the cheapest lasik eye surgery is usually India. This is very true as...
Before we start, take a look at the picture on the right. It is the poster for Derren Brown - Svengali. Stare at the picture for 10 seconds or so, focusing on the stage area. Then continue reading through the page, but...