How to Increase Testosterone Naturally
Lower Sperm Count
Many studies suggest that more men today than ever before are reaching sperm count levels below 40 million/ml of ejaculate, which is considered "sub-fertile." The reasons are not fully understood. However, studies have been done finding a correlation between such things as carrying a cell phone in your pocket and lower testosterone levels. Whether these findings worry you or not, most men would likely agree that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure when it comes to their manhood. So here are some proven ways to increase testosterone naturally. No drugs, no injections, no magic pills. You may be surprised at how simple this protocol is.
Naturally Increasing Testosterone
To give you an understanding of the methodology behind this protocol, let very quickly summarize how the body produces testosterone. First, the hypothalamus releases gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). This leads to the pituitary gland releasing luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When LH then stimulates the Leydig cells in the testes, testosterone is produced.
So, to increase testosterone, one must ensure that this process is not hindered within the body. Using injections and unnatural methods are unsustainable because they produce a desensitization of the natural mechanisms of the body, which eventually leads to sub-optimal results. However, there are foods that increase testosterone. In my experience and that of many others, simply adding the following to your diet is incredibly effective at increasing testosterone levels naturally and safely.
Tim Ferriss and Testosterone
I must be perfectly honest, that I did not invent this protocol. In fact, it came to my attention through the book "The 4-Hour Body" by Timothy Ferriss. However, I have personally followed the protocol myself and read countless testimonials from others who have had success. At the end of the day, you will have to test yourself to determine whether or not it works for you. Consulting a physician is always recommended before beginning a new dietary protocol, even one as seemingly minor as this.
The 4 Hour Body
How to Increase Testosterone Naturally
Consume the following each day upon waking and before bed.
1) Two teaspoons of cod liver oil
2) One tablespoon of grassfed butter
3) 3,000 UI of vitamin D3 (until blood levels reach 55 ng/mL)
Believe me, it may seem to simple but the protocol works. The beauty of it is the simplicity. If you don't believe me try it out for a month and report back with your results.
WellnessFX Blood Tests
- WellnessFX - Improve health, fitness, wellness through blood tests, doctors, nutrition
Comprehensive testing and analysis of your bloodwork for a very reasonable price.
Other Easy Tips to Increase Testosterone
Aside from the specific protocol above, you can increase testosterone by following a few more simple guidelines.
1) Eat Healthy Fats: Avocadoes and almonds are great sources of mon- and polyunsaturated fats. It is saturated fat however that is crucial to boosting testosterone. Research shows that a diet with less than 40 percent of energy as fat (and that mainly from animal sources, i.e. saturated) lead to a decrease in testosterone levels.
2) Limit Sugar Intake: Testosterone levels decrease after eating sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to lower testosterone
3) High Intensity Weight Training: Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. On the other hand, prolonged moderate exercise, has shown to have negative or no effect on testosterone levels.
Kerrygold Butter (incredibly delicious by the way)
Cod Liver Oil
More by this Author
A quick summary of the play can be found here. Shakespeare was always wary of women and careful to give them respect, which is obvious when reading Othello. The society of Othello is strongly dominated by men who are...
Many people ask, How do I raise money for a cause? Planning a concert is always a great choice. I can tell you that doing so is a very fun and rewarding experience and that almost anyone can do it. Of all the non profit...
Shakespeare did not have much faith in traditional gender roles. His constant subversion of these roles in the submission of men to dominant women illustrates Shakespeare’s feelings that much was amiss in...