How to Lose Ten Pounds with No Effort At All
You Want To Know How To Lose Ten Pounds -
- Because you've put on a little weight, and you want to fix it before it gets out of hand. How do you do that? Crash diet using latest ridiculous fad diet advice? Rigid cabbage soup regime? Nope. Planned, consistent action in easy, simple steps.
The first thing you need to do is check your body mass index, or BMI.
You can do this easily online. Just type 'BMI' into Google and snoop around. You're sure to find a body mass index calculator somewhere. It'll ask for your height and weight. Feed the numbers into it and press the button to get your BMI measurement.
And then don't agonize over it. It's just a number. If it agrees with your diagnosis that you're a little overweight, just take the right steps to deal with it.
She loves her scales. A little too much.
If your BMI is below 18, you're at the lower weight limit of someone your size and you've got no business trying to lose more weight. Your health is at risk; don't mess with this. Can you say 'anorexia'?
When I ran a fitness website, I ran into a lot of people - usually young women - who obsessed with their weight and tried to lose pounds they couldn't really afford to lose. If your bones are sticking out - eat something. Starved is not a good look.
Three Simple Steps To Lose Excess Body Fat
On the other hand, if you are just a few pounds overweight, these three steps will help you fix it.
1) Watch what you eat. Simple. One might even say glaringly obvious. But it really makes a difference.
Everything you put in your mouth counts. Every stolen french fry, every crust the kids leave, every chocolate the girls at work are handing out. Every single bite. Solution? Don't eat betwen meals. Except for a snack midway between them, because four or five hours between lunch and dinnner is too long. Pick something light, with protein in it, rather than some sugary rubbish from a vending machine. And eat proper meals.
2) It's not 'exercise'; it's 'playtime'. But on the positive side, every time you get a little out of breath and hot counts as exercise. Taking the stairs instead of the lift, running for the bus, cycling to work - it's all good. You don't need to set aside whole blocks of time to do tedious cardio. Ten minute bursts throughout the day are just as good, whatever you're doing to get your heart rate up.
The easiest, cheapest way to work it is to go for a walk. No costly gym membership needed. All you need is a good pair of shoes and to make the effort to walk out of your front door and keep going for forty minutes. And do it again tomorrow. And the day after. Walking is a brilliant way to get in shape, and much safer than booking a squash court if you haven't worked out in years.
3) Lastly, get your head right. Most of your success in reaching your target weight depends on how you think about it. Consistent planned action over time will take you to your goal. Self sabotage won't, which is why this step is the most important one of all. Whatever it takes is what you have to do.
...And That Will Fix Your Fat Problem...
...But keep a close eye on your nearest and dearest. Sometimes they're the biggest obstacle of all. Extra portions at mealtimes, gifts of chocolate, nice desserts - what's their game?
Sometimes people get a little weird if a loved one decides to change something in their life. It might not be deliberate, or even conscious, but often our nearest and dearest are the ones who sabotage our efforts. Which is why it's probably a good idea to keep your plans close to your chest. Not that this is easy among family, by definition the people closest to you. If you find they're being an obstacle, try to get them onside. Being understanding but firm can succeed where getting angry and shouting fails.
And that's how to lose ten pounds. Hope it helps. Like most small problems, a little excess body fat is best dealt with before it gets to be a bigger problem. Getting fat carries a freight of self esteem issues and health worries that you really don't want to deal with.
Exercise Kit From Amazon:
More by this Author
Trying to get big arms? Here's a big arms workout that will help. Simple exercise moves, full body workouts, and advice to help you bulk up and build a strong body.
- 2Weight Training for Women - Great Results With Quick, Easy, Simple Workouts For Added Strength And Weight Loss.
Weight training for women is the single most effective way to take charge of your body and rebuild it to your own specifications - slim, lean, and toned, fit and strong. And it's healthy, easier than you think, and good...
How to put on weight, using simple, practical methods that work. Disappear when you turn sideways? Hard gainer? Bones on show? Read on to find out how to fix your weight gain problem and build a body you'll be proud of.