How to Lucid Dream in Light Sleep Technique Tutorial
How to Lucid Dream
Lucid dreaming is a cool skill to master. It's defined as being awake within a dream, or realizing that you're dreaming. Doesn't seem possible? Well, I can assure you, this skill does not fall into the category of pseudoscience or paranormal skills like telekinesis and telepathy. Many people who actually claim that they've astral projected (A imaginary skill that's similar to telekinesis/telepathy) actually confused it with lucid dreaming as it often presents a similar effect. Lucid dreaming occurs during the Rapid Eye Movement stage of sleep (REM).
Why Lucid Dream?
Lucid dreaming is the real inception - rather, Inception is based on lucid dreaming. You can go on a vacation, eat at your favorite restaurant, study for a test (assuming you've already got something semi-memorized, you can make that memory last), you can conquer your fears, perhaps enact a movie, visit distant planets or galaxies, have super powers......
It is whatever you want to do.
What does it feel like to lucid dream?
The feeling of a dream world certain isn't what it is like in real life. One thing is transition from sleep to lucid dreaming. From personal experience, my entire body feels light as if floating on water during this transition as my mind is waking up from my sleeping state. When I get into my dream world, my mind becomes clear as if totally awake.
What is it like inside a lucid dream?
The dream world can take many forms - your house, a different country, world, or a fictional place; the possibilities are endless. My first lucid dream, I appeared in my room. I was able to fly up and down my hall ways. I jumped down my stairs and went into the kitchen. On the table was a yearbook, but the odd thing is, when I opened the yearbook, all the pictures were empty. A lucid dream only has what you remember and in this case, I did not remember what was in that yearbook which is one way to test if you're lucid dreaming or not.
How often does lucid dreams occur?
Once properly trained after a few months, you will begin to have multiple lucid dreams a week.
Lucid Dreaming How To
Lucid Dreaming Techniques
Active Methods (During Bed Time)
- Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming Technique (WILD)
- The WILD technique is the most powerful lucid dreaming technique and is the same technique I use for all my lucid dreams. It is a direct transport from being awake to lucid dreaming. The concept is to wake up 1 hour 30 minutes after you fall asleep, stay up for 3 minutes, and then think of a dream environment while falling back asleep again. If you want more chances to lucid dream in a single night, set the alarm clock to ring every 3 hours. A lot of guides go on and on about trivial stuff, but when you cut the crap, this is basically it.
- Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream Technique (MILD)
- The MILD technique is really simple to do. While in bed, chant a phrase to yourself (in your head) like "I am dreaming" or "I realize that I'm dreaming". The idea is to think about dreaming as much as you can. While you feel yourself drifting off to sleep, imagine what you want your dream world to look like. Don't try too hard. You don't want to keep yourself awake all night.
* The Lucid Dreaming becomes more effective combined
Passive Methods (After bed or throughout the day)
Keep a dream journal beside you and write down any dream, lucid or not immediately after you wake up. When you are waking up, make sure you concentrate on your dream. If you change the subject, you'll forget instantly. That's because dreams are very lightly stored in memory. Write down everything or just the main points, it doesn't matter. The purpose of a dream journal is to train the habit of remembering dreams which is often the problem of dreaming. We may have multiple dreams a night, but only remember one or two.
Look at Hand Method (Reality Checks)
This is a very effective method of training to lucid dream during the waking day. In most situations, dreams are composed of whatever you do during the day. The basic principle of reality checks is that if you do them during the day, you'll do them while you're asleep.
When you do a reality check, as yourself questions like "Am I dreaming?" AND "Is anything out of the ordinary happening?". During a dream, if you ask yourself these questions and something weird happens, this will shock you into a lucid dream.
What are some tools that can help induce a lucid dream?
- The brain constantly emits different frequencies at every moment of the day. They change depending on what you're doing. There are 5 known brainwaves: Gamma (Fastest), Beta (Fully Awake), Alpha (During Relaxation/ Meditation), Theta (Light/Dream sleep), Delta (Deep, dreamless sleep). Brainwave entrainment audio work by playing a beat which tunes the brainwaves to the beat. The 2 types of brainwave entrainment audio: Binaural and Isochronic. Binaural beats must be used with headphones while Isochronic can be used without.
The brainwave frequency you want to listen to before bed is the THETA FREQUENCY. Theta deals with light sleep and dreaming.
Here is a link to a Theta Brainwave Frequency Audio on YouTube. Make sure it's turned to high quality.
Lucid Dream Mask
Lucid dream Masks are sleeping masks which help induce lucid dreams, obviously. They work by flashing beams of red LED light into the eyes while you're sleeping. These pulsating lights can only be noticed while sleeping. The lights alerts the sleeper that they're dreaming; when they realize that they're dreaming, it becomes a lucid dream. Commercial lucid dream masks are very expensive, but you can make your own at:
What are some foods that can help induce a lucid dream?
- Melatonin (Has been reported to cause vivid dreams). Watch out for side effects.
- Milk and Cheese
- Orange Juice
These foods help induce dreaming, but whether the dream becomes lucid depends on how much you've practiced.
While there's no such thing as a step guide to lucid dreaming but this is what I do.
1. Eat the Listed Foods
2. Play Brainwave Entrainment Music for 30 minutes or so
3. MILD Technique
4. WILD Technique
Mastering lucid dreaming very rewarding. Whenever you feel too stressed out, you always have your "happy place" to go to. It really isn't hard to master, but it takes a while. Some are able to do it instantly, and some a long time, but I think everyone can do it with practice so don't feel frustrated. Frustration with lucid dreaming is like frustration with homework - your mind closes itself off from it and then you'll have real problems progressing. You have your entire life to learn. Just have fun!
Have you Lucid Dream Before?See results without voting
More by this Author
Dna Packaging is the folding of DNA to fiit a cell’s limited space. This process differs greatly from Prokaryotic cells to Eukaryotic cells and is much better understood in Eukaryotes. The packaging unit of DNA is...
Innate vs Learned Animal Behavior. Blackcap Bird, Sockeye salmon, Woodlice, bluegill sunfish, small mouth bass.
In highschool, photosynthesis has always been one of the most confusing topics to students. Really, it isn't hard at all. It appears hard because there isn't really a definite step to it because nearly all the processes...