How to Make Rose Water?
The sweet smell of roses has long captivated people the world over. It is the choice for gifts and rose oil has been a popular ingredient in perfumes. Rose water or Gulab in Indian is the by-product of the production of rose oil that is used in perfumes. It’s use dates back to Ancient civilizations and the Victorian Era and it is believed that Cleopatra, perhaps the most famous woman in history used rose water in her baths to seduce her lover Anthony. Rose water is used as food flavoring for Indian, Iranian, and Turkish cuisine. It is added to ice cream, tea, and even cookies in Iran and other Arab nations. It is also used as cleansing water in different religious ceremonies especially with Muslims and Hindu. In fact, during the podium celebration of the Bahrain and Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, rose water is used as a replacement for the traditional champagne because of alcohol prohibitions in the country. But, these days it is used for cosmetic preparations not only because of its lovely scent but also because of its light astringent properties. It is often used as a toner for dry skin and in some creams as well. The good news is you can make this good and sweet smelling recipe in your own home.
How To Make Rose Water Steps
There are a couple of things to consider before starting this simple recipe.
- First, you have to make sure that roses are freshly picked. It is best if they are grown in your own backyard to make sure they are fresh and has no pesticides. However, if you have no time for growing roses and has no gardening space in your house, you can buy roses at your local flower shop. Just let the florist now that you need fresh roses so they can give you freshly delivered ones.
- When you already have the roses, make sure to wash the petals thoroughly to remove any pesticide or chemicals and dirt. You will not need the leaves and stem so you can discard them.
- You need 3-4 hips of roses, distilled water, a heat-resistant stainless steel or glass bowl, plate or glass cover, ice cubes, and a kitchen strainer.
- Pluck the rose petals and make sure to choose only the good ones. Put the rose petals in the bowl.
- Boil the distilled water and pour about 2-3 cups on the rose petals. Cover the bowl and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully strain the water using the kitchen strainer and let it cool. You then have the option of adding alcohol like vodka to preserve your rosewater or leave it as it is.
- You can then put it in a small bottle or a spray bottle to use it as a toner or a fresh mist on the go.
- The rosewater if added with alcohol can last up to 4 weeks and 1 week if it isn’t added with one.
The Use of Rose Water
You can put your rosewater in your bag and use it anytime you need it as a fresh mist or a toner for dry skin. Not only will your skin be hydrated on the go, you can also captivate people wherever you are with your sweet smell, the smell of roses.
How To Make Rose Water
Rose Water Merchandise
Related Hubs by Florida Guy
More by this Author
Original Road Mice products are the licensed Optical Wireless Computer Mice that are featured with very uniquely designed replicas of automobiles. Learn more about these cool gadgets!
re you aware that taking in lukewarm water is better for our body and can produce healthier benefits? Indeed, different scientific institutions are trying to prove this statement. But before talking about that matter,...