How to Quit Trying So Hard to Impress Other People, and Just be Happy
Sometimes I smile in wonder at why some people try so hard to impress others. – Though that is probably an unfair judgment, since I’ve been there myself many times. In the end, however, I found that I was only pushing myself to be who I thought others wanted me to be, instead of who I am .
I know what it’s like to feel as if you’re at the bottom of the social ladder. The classic “everyone-must-like-me” syndrome sets in, and you find yourself bending over backwards just to be noticed and accepted. This expends a lot more energy than you’d like, and hardly wins you a friend or a title. The funny thing is that everyone you’re trying to impress may be struggling just as hard themselves to keep up with you !
Here are a couple tips I've found helped me to quit trying to impress and just be happy:
- If you want others to like you, learn to like and make peace with yourself first.
- If you have personal attitudes or mindsets that you don’t like, change them. But change them because you want to be a better you, and not because you think others don’t approve.
- Work on your own inner struggle, and your outer struggle with others will slowly dissipate.
- Everyone loves a confident, cheerful, and assertive person. Once you can accept yourself for who you are, others will too.
- Learn to be happy about just being you. Even if you haven’t magically transformed everyone around you to be awed in your presence, at least you’ve found happiness within. No one can take that away from you.
Why not be that insanely happy person that everyone else is always in wonder about?
Just Be Happy
More by this Author
Ten easy and affordable gift ideas for that lovely woman of your dreams. These ideas are perfect for any time of year!
Lose weight the right way! No matter what diet plan you have tried, we finally have the answer for you! This is the first of a three-part series of hubs packed full of needed info!
Do you need a little Christmas pick-me-up? This beautiful collection of quotes from authors both famous and not-so-famous will warm your heart and fill it with Christmas cheer!