How to Cure Inflamed, Infected, and Itchy Eye Infections with Foods?
Your eyes are excellent, fragile and susceptible to simply being infected especially when debris gets into your eyes. It is fairly easy to rub your eyes, when you have an itch. You rub them automatically not even thinking about the damage you are causing. Often your hands are contaminated with dirt, and your eyes respond by tearing excessively to flush out the garbage from your eyes. Your eyes may become inflamed from the bacteria lodged in fingers while rubbing.
If the outer edges of your eyes become red, itchy, and burn you may have contracted Blepharitis; you will notice after a night’s sleep, crusts that tend to glue your eyelids together.
- One way to combat this uncomfortable ailment is to apply a warm compress with a couple of Eyebright tea bags, then rest for fifteen to twenty minutes a couple of times a day.
- You can boil water then add a tablespoon of honey. With a cotton pad gently wipe your eyes to clear your eye infection.
- You can also wash your eyes with baking soda mixed with water.
Keep your eyelids clean and eat a well-balanced diet consisting of fresh, uncooked vegetables with fruit. Believe this or not, but sleep helps to heal Blepharitis. If you avoid straining your eyes this will help too. You must rest to get rid of Blepharitis and eat whole foods.
- A poor diet consisting of denatured, preservative and chemical laden food will tend to exacerbate an eye problem and prevent your eyes from healing. Your eyes won't correct if you suffer a deficiency of one tiny minute essential nutrient. It is necessary to get sufficient natural vitamin A with carotene, vitamin C, B vitamins and zinc.
- Your eyes are extraordinary! You can improve your eyes with home remedies and by simply eating Organic Antioxidant Whole Food Supplements! Juice Plus+ is a superb addition to your eye health.
How to Cure Conjunctivitis and Ease Itchy Eyes?
Conjunctivitis or Pinkeye is a result of inflammation or irritation from an eye infection, allergy, a virus, or foreign substances that enter your eyes. Pink eye is highly contagious and is greatly associated with a fever.
In Conjunctivitis, the membrane of your eyelids will tend to become inflamed, and your eyes could be bloodshot because of accumulation of pus in your eyelids. You may need an antibiotic, if a hot compress placed several times a day with eating right for your eyes doesn't help within four days.
Fidgety, tired eyes and even mucus in your eyes are normally a result of an eye infection, head cold or insufficient oxygen to your eye tissues. Itchy eyes usually tend to develop into a Conjunctivitis infection!
- Therefore, you need to increase your consumption of carotenoid vegetables and foods containing the B vitamins such as complex carbohydrates like brown rice. A cold compress helps with occasional relief for tired and itchy eyes.
Overall you must eat to keep your eyes infection free and healthy to enjoy satisfactory vision. Remember to eat a decent amount of green leafy vegetables, especially spinach, kale, collard green, broccoli and turnip greens daily with a good amount of fruit that are towering in vitamin C such as strawberries, cherries and blueberries.
Avoid eating junk food containing a lofty amount of saturated fat and processed oils of hydrogenated vegetable oils, including sandwich meats containing sodium nitrates with a high amount of preservatives.
- Make sure you drink about eight glasses of water daily and find ways to relax your eyes by not spending too much time staring at a computer screen or reading continuously without eye breaks.
Eye infections are easy to obtain, remember not to touch your eyes if they feel itchy. Blink your eyes often to keep them moist. And wash your face with a mild facial soap and next pat dry around your eye area.
- Wear goggles while swimming as not to burn your eyes with the pool water or ocean stream.
- Eat for eye health, and remember not to strain your eyes with whatever you are doing.
Being mindful of these basic eye health tips will go a long way in helping you to avoid getting an eye infection that may lead to Blepharitis, Conjunctivitis or Pinkeye or worst a chronic viral eye infection with inflammation.
Are You Suffering with an Eye Infection?See results without voting
Warm Salt Water Helps to Cure an Eye Infection.
Would You, Enjoy Another Eye Hub?
- Using Your Eyes to Improve Vision
Your eyes are the windows of your world. You may often at times neglect to nurture them or over use them. About 130 million cells make up the constitution of your eyes. Simple ignorance can begin a downward...
If you would, enjoy reading Craan's bio and more of her hubs, CLICK HERE.
Like to write? Why not sign up HERE for HubPages and earn some extra money like we do. The cost is free!
© 2010 Sheila Craan
More by this Author
Holistic and Conventional doctors treat blood pressure differently. Some help to curtail it with healthy foods, and unsaturated fat, when others don't! Which doctor is best for you?
You may not be thirsty, but your body surely craves salt and water, especially when you don't want to drink. Celtic Sea Salt is the best salt because of its high mineral content.
- 11How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus? What Raw Foods to Eat for Toenail Health? Can Diet and Polish Kill It Naturally?
Toe nail fungus is extremely difficult to cure, and nail medications never work! The utmost remedy is to cure your nail fungus with food-grade products, and in diet avoid sugar. This combination works like a charm!