Treating Diarrhea with Tea
DAY 25, HUB # 25
What is diarrhea?
Most people has the first thought of visiting the doctor once they have diarrhea but you can stop diarrhea with simple home remedies too.
Diarrhea in children and adults can be a worrying issue if not treated promptly.
- In fact, diarrhea does not happen often unless it is caused by bacterial infection in the digestive system, viral infection in the urinary tract or simply food poisoning.
- Diarrhea means the stool is soft, loose and watery.
- You will notice stool incidents such as soiling the underpants when the bowel is unable to control the bladder.
- When a child or an adult has diarrhea more than 2 times a day or has blood in stools, visit the doctor promptly because of the possibility of dehydration.
- It is very important for a child with diarrhea not to become dehydrated. This will happen if he is losing more fluid than she is drinking orally.
What Caused Diarrhea?
Food Poisoning Causes Diarrhea
- Food poisoning means eating food that contains toxins produced by certain bacteria, unripe fruits that causes acidity to the digestive system or unclean food whereby the food is not covered and fed by flies, rats or insects.
- The food may not taste funny or may not change its outlook either.
- Food poisoning seldom occurs from food that has been clean thoroughly and cooked recently because cooking kills germs.
- Germs multiply rapidly in custard, whipped cream, yogurt or salad creams if they are left out of the refrigerator for many hours.
How often do you have diarrhea?See results without voting
Tea can help to relieve diarrhea
What Causes Dehydration?
- When the bowel system constantly tries to remove the toxin frequently through bowel movements, it will cause severe dehydration ( excessive loss of body water ) and painful anus due to inflammation.
- You will notice that every time you consume some food or beverages, the diarrhea may begin spontaneously or in within half an hour because of indigest food or sensitive digestive system.
Treat Diarrhea by drinking Tea
- Therefore, you should keep your body hydrate by drinking lots of liquids such as tea, warm water or soups to replace the loss nutrients and fluids.
- Tea contains vitamin c and tannic acid which stops bacterial action and detoxifies the body. It helps to carry toxin out of the body through frequent urination.
- Furthermore, tea aids in soothing and healing the digestive tract gradually. Drinking tea after a light meal balances the mild poison caused by these bacteria.
- However, never add sugar or milk into tea when treating diarrhea because these sweetness feed bacteria in your digestive system, thus irritate bowel even more.
- Freshly brewed tea helps to relieve and prevent painful abdominal spasms, bloating, gas, bowel dysfunction such as diarrhea and constipation. It is safe to drink tea daily as the soothing effect heals to ease the irritation and heals the pain gradually.
- Peppermint tea, Chamomile tea and green tea are the best teas to treat diarrhea because they are strong in soothing the gastrointestinal system.
- These wonderful teas help to calm and relax the intestinal tract muscles and prevent spasms from recurrence. Have a cup of warm tea with a slice of toast bread to absorb the acidity in your stomach, whenever you feel the signal is coming.
Which Should I buy? Loose tea or tea bags?
- Chinese teas are loose teas, sold either raw or ripen ( cooked ), depending on the processing method that you prefer.
- Some of the green tea are roasted with various flavor such as Lavender, Rose or Jasmine which bring fragrant smelling aroma when these teas are scalded with hot boiling water.
- For those who prefer to cut down the hassle of using the teapot, buy green teas that come in teabags for convenience and instant brewing from the mug.
- Nowadays, various branded tea companies retail green teas not only in natural flavor but in 17 to 20 different flavors to suit tea lovers’ taste buds.
- The benefits of buying teabags are; they are well packed individually, not messy or soggy as the leaves are all trapped in the linen bag, quick to produce the tea flavor by pressing the tea bags against the mug and easy to discard, cleaning the mug without much hassle.
The difference between loose teas and tea bags
- The difference between tea bags and raw loose teas is the size of the tea leaves.
- Teabags are filled with tiny pieces of broken tea leaves which results to less fragrant smell and produce a little tasteless feeling.
- Loose teas are typically combined with whole big, medium and small leaves which are not broken.
- Furthermore, when loose tea are mixed with hot boiling water in a teapot, it swirls freely with lots of spacing involved, able to expand , swell and produce delightful fragrant and sweet taste even without sugar added.
Hubs Related to Teas
- Home Gardening Tea Leaves
Tea helps to cool down your body temperature especially in hot weather. It benefits in urination and helps to flush out toxins in your body.
- How to Brew Assorted Tea and Tea Jelly Recipe
how to brew tea? chinese tea, english tea all require hot boiling water.
- How to Treat Alcohol Hangover with Tea
Having a bad headache after too much alcohol drinks? Feeling nausea and giddy? Here is a simple home remedy used by old folks for centuries. Drink a cup of warm tea .
How to Brew Oolong Tea
© 2012 peachy
More by this Author
Do not be mistaken that crying does not mean that you are weak or a cry baby. Letting your tears flow freely helps you to feel better and improve your mood after a good cry.
Garlic helps to reduce phlegm, cure skin problems, improve health and aids in digestive system. Garlic is the real antibiotic that you should have everyday
Make this year Mother's Day a special day by making your own handmade gifts for your mom. Handmade Paper Rose Flower is easy and can last all year. It is inexpensive and lovely too.