How to be a healthy teenager
How to be a healthy teenager
You get up in the morning, go downstairs and want breakfast. You open the fridge and find a whole container of fruit. You take that container and push into the side. Behind that container is chocolate pudding. You think to yourself that this might be a tasty snack to eat. So, there you are consuming this pudding for breakfast. All of a sudden your eyes catch a glimmer of light across the room. There is a bag of greasy chips. You walk over to the bag and put your hand deep inside and grab a handful of goodness. You start cramming down the potato slices down your mouth. Then you see yourself in the mirror. A tear trickles down your cheek. You are living and unhealthy lifestyle. What are you going to do to fix your lifestyle? Well, I'm here to tell you of five different ways to be a healthy teenager.
5 ways to be a healthy teenager:
- Go to the gym -- Going to the gym is the first step to living a healthy lifestyle. It doesn't take much effort to achieve, however you will have the mentality to prepare yourself to get up and physically go to the exercise location. What do you do at the gym? It's simple. You want to focus on weight training and cardio workouts . For weight training, pick up a few dumbbells and curl the arms ten times. For cardio, jump on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes. You should focus on going to the gym for lease three to five times a week. This will ensure that you are living a healthy lifestyle.
- Eat healthier food -- A good additive to a healthy lifestyle is eating healthier food. If you go to a grocery store, instead of going to the junk food isle, walk through the fruit and vegetable sections. Pick up a pound of bananas and a couple of apples. Make that your snack in between meals. If you can, try to make fruits and vegetables the main foods you consume. You will see that you will be leaner and feel great.
- Get a checkup from the doctor -- We don't know what's going on inside our bodies. Therefore, make sure you see your doctor for an annual physical checked up. You doctor will be able to tell you if what ever it is you were doing for your health is actually working. He or she will be able to tell you what to work on if you're failing at your healthy lifestyle, and if you are succeeding, tell you that you are doing a good job. If you get sick with some kind of disease, the doctor will be able to prescribe you with the proper medication to get better. So please, go get a checked up.
- Practicing meditation -- The life around us is crazy . There are cars making loud noises. There are people screaming at the top of their lungs. There are those stressing out about making money. There is no security about the future. What are you going to do to clear your mind? Try meditating. Sit in a calm and quiet room and relax. For example focus on a candle that is lit. While focusing, practice a mantra. For example, say the words "I can do it." These words should be said over and over again. If you can master meditation, you will see that your health will greatly improve.
- Relieving your personal stress -- Stress is the number one killer in today's world. You have to learn how to get rid of it from your life. If you do not, you will be another statistic. Therefore, learn the tactics you will need to alleviate stress. If you manage to get rid of your stress you will live a healthy lifestyle.
These were few ideas on how to be a healthy teenager. If you can manage to perform these five tasks throughout your life, you will become a healthier person. The next time you look into a mirror, you'll only have a smile on your face. If you master these tactics for your health, go and share them with the rest of the world. You will be doing someone else a favor by sharing. Good luck
to you in getting healthier.
More by this Author
My Back Hurts...Here's All The Lower Back Pain Causes in Women and Men
How to get your dog to poop right away Here is an article for those of you that are wondering why your dog is not pooping. So stop crying, "Why is my dog not pooping?" I have your fix. Just read on... ...