How to control cholesterol
How fatty substance block the arteries
High cholesterol is a condition that is controllable or reversed through medication and some simple lifestyle changes
If left untreated, high cholesterol would lead you to greater risk of developing heart disease
Often people are scared when they come to know, they are suffering from cholesterol problem ,but here are some very simple home remedies that helps
Cholesterol is a fatty or a waxy substance in our body ,it is one of the most vital substance in our digestive juice ,bile .It does various activites such as transportation of fats,supports defence mechanism of our body and protects RBC and Muscular membrane.Lipoproteins(the cholesterol particles in our blood) travels through our blood .There are of 2 types of Lipoproteins (LDL, the bad cholesterol which causes the blockage in our arteries and HDL ,the good cholesterol, they help to reduce LDL by taking them to the liver and converting them into HDL ,and prevent heart attack.
Remedies for cholesterol problem :--
- Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water everyday as it is said that cholesterol is soluble in water hence helps elimination of water waste from our kidney
- Boil one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in 5 cups of water when it is left half, have it hot it helps to lower unwanted cholesterol
- Having one onion juice everyday helps to reduce bad cholesterol ,it is a natural cleanser ,it regulates the blood flow to our heart ,helps in digestion and also cure insomnia
- Oats bran is an excellent cholesterol absorber as it is rich in fiber thus controls unwanted cholesterol
- Steam bath are also helpful to reduce LDL as toxins are thrown out of our body through perspiration (if one suffers from high blood pressure ,should avoid this bath they should go for hip bath for ten minutes .
- Multani mitti pack (mud pack) if appied all over the body helps to check Bad cholesterol
- Doing yoga and prayanam help to reduce bad cholesterol
- Soak 2 tsp coriander seeds overnight and chew them empty stomach and drink the water, it helps to reduce the LDL by stimulating the kidney ,have coriander leaves sauce prepared at home with onion garlic and mint leaves,it is an excellent LDL reducer.
- Having 2 garlic clove every morning helps to control cholesterol.
- Soya products helps to reduce bad cholesterols
- Sunflower seeds ,nuts like almonds ground nuts walnuts and pista , pumpkin seeds helps to reduce bad cholesterol.
- Walking ,swimming doing one big task once a week at home or office which is associated with labor helps to reduce LDL.
- Germinated wheat seeds also help to reduce LDL.
- Boil 1/2 tsp of arjuna bark powder in a glass of water and when left half ,drink it every morning.
- Have a glass of bottle gourd juice every morning .
- A fatty food substance called lecithin helps to control cholesterol level in our body food like egg yolk) not more than one egg a day),vegetable oils ,whole grains cereals,soybeans unpasteurized milk helps to keep a check on the cholesterol level of our body.
- The best remedy is to have 2 tea spoon olive oil or mustard oil or flex seed oil once a week empty stomach
- A homeopathic medicine named colestrinin 3x 4 tabs twice helps a lot
- Kanchana or kishore Guggul is excellent for reducing cholesterol
- Have triphala one teaspoon every night before going to bed it keep s the cholesterol level perfect in our body
- Even having one black chocolate a day help to reduce cholesterol
More by this Author
Gain height according to age,so that people who want to put up height can help themselves.
This article lists the ways to prevent and treat dark spots on the skin due to sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and melasma.