How to Control Acid Reflux: Tips, Home Remedies and More
Acid Reflux or GERD
Having acid reflux or heartburn is not a good feeling. Acid Reflux occurs when you eat, your stomach acid flow backward into the esophagus, which is the tube that leads from the mouth to the stomach. The back flow called reflux. The reason of acid reflux could be some medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen. The acid reflux symptoms are burning sensation, chest pain, painful irritation and some time similar to heart attack reactions, underneath your breast bone. If acid reflux occurs on a daily basis, stomach acid can reacts with the lining of the esophagus and can lead some other serious health problems like scarring, ulceration, inflammation, pulmonary fibroid, hemorrhaging and esophageal cancer. It can be treated by home remedies and it lasts up to two hours or may be longer. You need to call your doctor if your symptom does not get better in two weeks or improves at all with any home remedies, antacid or acid reducers.
Acid Reflux Remedies:
Need to increase HCL level in your stomach to control the symptoms. This is very easy to do, you have to avoid cheap table salt which many people use and start using high quality sea salt. I always use Himalayan Crystal Salt in my house since I am also suffering with acid reflux. It contains right amount of chloride and dozens of trace minerals your body needs to balance your Hydrochloric Acid Levels. I am also taking Betaine HCL Supplement before any meal. This is actually working pretty good to control my acid reflux disease.
- You need to change your dining habit. Since I have stopped eating processed food and cut down on sugars, getting a good result. I eat lots of fresh organic fruits, green vegetables like broccoli, collard green, bell pepper, lots of salad etc.
- Eating raw food is very important because you get plenty of enzymes, high in nutrient value and help to digest your food. When the food is cooked over 120 degrees Fahrenheit, it destroys this health benefit.
- Need to increase your vitamin D intake so that your body can produce enough antimicrobial peptides which in turn help to reduce any further infection in esophagus. It is free if you get enough sun exposure if not then eat food high in vitamin D or taking supplement.
- Make a habit to walk daily at least 30 minutes a day and to live a healthy life. Do cardio exercise jump rope or regular walk.
Acid Reflux Cures at home:
Apple cider vinegar: Take 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water and take it after each meal. This will help you in digestion and calm you stomach and also relief in your acid reflux.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is the most natural anti acid to treat acid reflux. You should not use if you have high blood pressure or on salt restricted diet. Mix one spoon in a glass of water and drink it before stops fizzing.
- Aloe Vera Juice: This is great to use an upset stomach, diarrhea and inflammation but it can be used also to calm down your acid reflux symptoms. As soon as your acid reflux start take 1 oz of Aloe Vera Juice and mixed in 2 oz of water.
- Glutamine:- This is an anti-inflammatory that naturally found in the human body and reduces intestinal inflammation with acid reflux. The dietary sources of glutamine are milk, eggs, parsley, spinach and more.
- Herbal Licorice:- This can be found in any health food store in tea or tincture form and helps coat the esophagus lining with protective gel.
Foods to Avoid:
- Acidic foods like tomatoes, citrus fruits, garlic and onions
- The foods which are high in fats like macaroni and cheese, creamy food, french fries, fried chicken, potato chips, brownies, doughnuts and chicken nuggets
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- The caffeinated drinks like soda, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Foods to Eat:
- Include foods like skinless chicken breasts, steak, London Broil, extra-lean ground beef or fish.
- Always choose a mild dish rather than a spicy one.
- Choose fruits like apples, bananas, strawberries.
- Vegetables like baked potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, peas, green beans, carrots and zucchini.
- A fat free dairy product like Cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese, fat free cream cheese, fat free sour cream are safe to eat.
- Multi-grain bread, cereal, oatmeal and rice, egg whites are also safe for individuals with acid reflux.
5 Tips to Control Acid Reflux:
1. Do not eat less than two hours before bedtime.
2. Eat smaller portion of food throughout the day instead of big meals.
3. Do not smoke, it can cause the esophageal sphincter to become weak or malfunction.
4. Make a habit to exercise daily for 30 minutes including cardio exercise, stair climb, jump rope or regular walk.
5. Drink a plenty of water throughout the day to help prevent acid reflux.
- Homemade Acid Reflux Natural Remedies
Writing about herbal or natural acid reflux remedies at home is a difficult mission, since one who is writing should make sure that the herbs will relieve the case and not aggravate it, not to mention that he belongs to the profession as a...
- Getting rid of heartburn or acid reflux
So your sitting down at the end of a long day. Maybe your getting ready to write that next blog or hub. Maybe its to watch some TV, or read a book. Or maybe its to spend time with that special someone. And then boom that feeling and comes in your...
More by this Author
You have not done it in years, tight? Well, this simple exercise is more valuable than you may imagine. Jump rope exercise offers a great cardiovascular workout!
Here are top 10 ways to boost your immune system to be healthy and beautiful.
Learn how to make tasty, delicious and mouthwatering Chinese Chili Chicken recipe at home.