How to get Rid of Flabby Arms Fast – Steps to Lose Upper Arm Fat
You cannot Spot Reduce Arm Fat to get rid of Flabby Arms
You want the honest lowdown on how to get rid of flabby arms fast? To keep this short and simple it really boils down to losing overall body fat and not just working out your arms with tons of triceps exercises. You cannot target body fat. This means if you want to lose upper arm fat fast, you will need to lose overall body fat before you will see any toning or definition in your upper arms.
Don’t get me wrong. Working out your upper arms, specifically your triceps is still important to firm up and tone flabby arms. This will definitely aid in getting rid of your flabby arms. However, if you truly want to tone flabby arms fast, you need to lose overall body fat. This is best accomplished through a combination of exercise and diet.
You must be absolutely and 100% dedicated to your workouts and diet to achieve this goal. If you’re really up for the challenge, here are some important basics and helpful tips and tidbits on how to get rid of flabby upper arms fast. Remember to concentrate and invest more time in your diet and workouts, and less time targeting your triceps. You cannot spot reduce fat, and thus you cannot target arm fat.
5 Steps to get Rid of Flabby Arms Fast
Below are five very important steps you should follow to in order to lose upper arm fat. Combining these five steps will insure faster results and get you on track to getting those beautifully toned arms you so desire.
Clinically shown to tighten pectoral muscles, lift breast & firm up triceps
Made in the U.S.A.
How to get rid of flabby arms fast:
5 Steps to get Rid of Flabby Arms
Top Exercises to Tone Flabby Arms
Dumbbell One-Arm Tri Extensions
Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Step 1: Diet, Eat Clean
You must be on a strict diet to lose overall body fat to help you get rid of flabby arms fast. This means eating as natural as possible. Eat lean beef, chicken, turkey and fish, and include healthy vegetables, fruits and nuts, grains, and other high fiber foods. Stay away from bad fats and sweets. Good fats are from vegetable oils such as olive, canola, sunflower, soy, corn, and nuts, seeds and fish. Bad fats are found in red meat, butter, ice cream, and cheese and many processed foods to name a few. No cheating with burgers, or fries, pizzas and gravies, dressing, sodas and alcohol.
Did you know that one gram of fat equals 9 calories, one gram of protein or carbohydrate equals 4 calories, and one gram of alcohol equals 7 calories? One misconception about dieting is to starve yourself by drastically cutting calories. This absolutely will not work in the long run, and is very unhealthy. You cannot starve yourself forever, and eventually will have go back to eating a normal diet, at which point you will gain everything back you have lost and in many cases even more. So concentrate more on eating clean and eating healthy.
Step 2: Cardio Workout to get rid of flabby arms
In order to tone flabby arms, diet alone will not get your arms toned, so exercise is a must. Some of the best workouts to lose overall body fat are the treadmill, swimming, brisk walking, jogging, bicycling, aerobics, or any cardio exercise of choice. As mentioned earlier, it's about getting you to lose overall body fat and not about wasting your time doing tons of upper arm exercises. You cannot spot reduce fat to lose upper arm fat, period.
Do you train with weights?See results without voting
Step 3: Weight Training to get rid of flabby arms fast
Lifting weights is also an excellent way to get rid of flabby arms by losing overall body fat. Adding muscle to your physique will increase your metabolism and burn fat much quicker and keep it off. Did you know your muscles continue to burn fat even after you have finished your workout? One pound of muscle will burn approximately 30 -50 calories of body fat per day.
Exercises to help Tone & Get Rid of Flabby Arms
It is still important that you perform some triceps exercises in order to tighten, tone and lose upper arm fat. So while you wait for that fat to slide off, try some of the following triceps exercises.
- EZ-Bar triceps extension
- dumbbell one-arm triceps extension
- cable triceps push-down
- cable reverse triceps push-down
- dumbbell triceps extension
- dumbbell seated triceps press
- dumbbell kickbacks
- dip machine
- bench dips
- close grip push-ups
- cable triceps extension
- cable rope overhead triceps extension
- close grip barbell or dumbbell press
- close grip EZ-Bar press
There are many machines you can use at your local gym that will help tone flabby arms. Or if working out at home, using kettlebells, dumbbells, or bands can also be very effective. If I had to give you my top 3 exercises to tone flabby arms, I would choose the following as two of these incorporate great stretching movements and one produces a great squeeze to help maximize toning. An added benefit is that these three exercises can also be performed at home. Otherwise, if you have access to a gym, I would definitely suggest some of the cable and cable rope extension exercises.
How to get rid of Flabby Arms with these Top 3 Arm Exercises
1) Dumbbell One-arm Triceps Extensions - An awesome exercise to tone flabby arms and great for stretching the triceps muscles and hitting the triceps head high on your arm, closest to your shoulder. This will give you a great pump and help tone and define your triceps, and not necessarily build bulky triceps muscles.
While seated on a bench or seat, preferably with back support, position your dumbbell over your head with your arm straight up and slightly back. Lower the dumbbell behind your head and lower it enough to feel a good stretch in the triceps. Raise the dumbbell back to starting position and repeat for 10-12 reps, and 4-5 sets.
2) Dumbbell Triceps Extensions - Another great exercise to tone flabby arms which also gives you a good stretch at the bottom of each movement, much like the exercise above, except performed with a heavier weight and both arms simultaneously.
While seated, position one dumbbell overhead with both hands supporting the dumbbell under the inner plate. With elbows straight and dumbbell raised overhead, lower the dumbbell behind your head and lower it enough to feel a good stretch in the triceps. Return dumbbell back to starting position and repeat for 10-12 reps, and a total of 4-5 sets.
3) Dumbbell Kickbacks - As opposed to the top two arm exercises, rather than giving you a nice stretch, this exercise will give you a great squeeze at the top of the exercise forcing blood into the triceps muscles and again creating a great pump.
This exercise can be performed bending over or better yet, kneeled over a bench while one arm is supporting your body. Using a dumbbell heavy enough to perform 12-15 repetitions, position your arm parallel to the floor with the weight dropped to your side. Now slowly extend your arm until it is straight. At this point squeeze for a 1-2 count and repeat. Perform this exercise for a total of 4-5 sets.
Arm Exercises you can perform at Home without Dumbbells
For those of you who do not own dumbbells or a kettlebell, don’t despair. Using your bodyweight as resistance can also be a very effective way to tone your upper arms. We can also improvise by using other household items such as water bottles and milk jugs. Some of the following exercises may work more than just your upper arms such as shoulders, back and core muscles. This is actually a good thing, since you will be burning more calories performing these exercises. And as we now know, to lose flabby arms quickly, burning calories will greatly speed up the process. If you do already have weights, it would still be a good idea to incorporate these exercises into your routine to maximize your results.
Unlike most articles and workout routines, we will not be performing a set amount of reps for each set since our main mission is to lose flabby arms quickly. These exercises, unlike the exercises above where we used heavier weights, will be performed to exhaustion. This means you will do the exercise until you can do no more for a given set. By combining these exercises with the dumbbell exercises above, you will be adding muscle and toning existing muscle simultaneously for maximum results.
1) Dips: One of my favorites would have to be dip exercises. Dips will work you triceps, but also hit your shoulders and chest muscles. Dips can be performed with a chair or bench. For beginners, it is best to position your heels on the floor while keeping your legs straight and gripping a chair behind you with both hands with your buttocks and back aligned slightly in front and away from the chair. Slowly lower your body until you reach a 90% angle at the elbows, feel the stretch, and push back up to the starting position. Do 3 to 4 sets and perform each set to exhaustion. When you become more comfortable with this exercise, or if these are too easy for you, take a second chair or bench and place it in front of you to place your heels on to perform this exercise.
2) Pushup: Another great exercise that we are all familiar with and is very effective is the pushup. Pushups will give you a great burn and a great pump if performed correctly. Lying on a flat surface and face down, position your arms as close to your chest as possible. The closer your hands are positioned, the more you will be working your triceps, but the wider you position them, the more you will be working your chest muscles. When pushing up, try to stay on your toes if possible. Otherwise, until you have built more strength, use your knees when pushing up. Again, do as many as you possibly can for a total of 3 to 4 sets. Rest about 1 to 1.5 minutes between sets.
3) Standing Shoulder Rotations: Most people do not relate shoulders to arms. But great shoulders accentuate arms and make them stand out more. These can be performed standing or seated and with or without added resistance. For instance, you could use filled water bottles or jugs to add resistance and increase intensity. With your arms extended straight out and raised shoulder position (arms are parallel to the flow), slowly rotate them in a circular motion until you can do no more. These will definitely burn. Try doing 3 to 4 sets, and you can also vary the size of the circular motion for added intensity and alternate the direction of the rotation from set to set.
4) Bicep Curls: Even though most of the fat on flabby upper arms is located behind the arm in the triceps region, it is still important for you to exercise the entire arm. Bicep exercises are almost impossible without using some form of weight or resistance. We could try pull-ups, but besides most of us not having a pull-up bar at home, we probably would find it impossible to do one or two reps, making this exercise useless. Besides that, pull-ups work your back muscles more than your biceps. So I would suggest using water bottles or jugs, or anything else you can come up with, or resistance bands if you happen to have a pair. Do 3 to 4 sets until you can feel those biceps burning.
Step 4: Drink Water
I know you’ve already heard this before, but it is crucial - drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water is not only great for keeping your body hydrated, but it also keeps your metabolism up, has no calories and can keep you feeling full between meals. A tall glass of cold water, first thing after waking, is also an excellent way to kick-start your metabolism. And one of my favorite tips to keep from over eating is to drink a glass of water before every meal. This will help give you that full feeling much quicker and save you from eating more and adding unwanted calories you don't need.
Step 5: Raise Metabolism to get rid of flabby arms fast
Metabolism plays a very important role in controlling body fat. It determines how many calories your body requires to perform certain day to day functions. Everything we do, every movement we make requires energy through calories. Even while we sleep our organs need calories to function properly. Ultimately, our metabolism is responsible for how many calories are burned at any given time. Everyone’s metabolism is different, and thus, some are higher or lower than others. A low metabolism will contribute to less calories burned and thus more fat buildup or fat retained in the body. A higher metabolism on the other hand will help you lose overall body fat more quickly and will result in a much leaner and healthier physique.
There are many factors that determine whether your metabolism is higher or lower, and some can be controlled and some cannot. Some of these factors that we cannot control come with heredity, age, and gender. Other factors that determine our metabolic rate and can be controlled are hormonal imbalance or deficiencies, physical activity, sleep, and dietary habits just to name a few. So let’s add to our arsenal of how to get rid of flabby arms fast with dieting to help raise your metabolism.
Your diet is responsible for much of your metabolism. Not only what you eat, but also when you eat, how much, and how often will influence your metabolic rate. For starters, never starve yourself. Eat the right food at the right time. Eat more carbs before lunch and less carbs and more protein after lunch. Six or more smaller portioned meals are better than three larger meals. This will keep you full throughout the day and keep your metabolism up. Don’t stop eating carbohydrates altogether, as they are very important in your diet, especially when exercising. They give you the energy needed to get you through the day, and supply your body with vital nutrients and vitamins for recovery, staying healthy and keeping your immune system strong. Again, have most of your carbs before noon, and stick to healthy carbs such as fresh fruit, grains, and nuts. Eat more protein rich foods and less carbs in the afternoon. Also make sure to eat food high in fiber and to get your essential fatty acids which are vital for normal metabolism and weight loss. Try eating foods on the low and medium side of the Glycemic Index. High GI foods create a surge of sugar in the body and cause insulin levels to spike which trigger fat storage in the body.
How to get rid of flabby arms fast?
In this article “How to Get Rid of Flabby Arms Fast”, we covered the top 5 steps to tone flabby arms, and the top exercises to blast away arm fat.
Don't make dieting and exercising a chore, but rather, make it a lifestyle. Try to prepare your meals ahead or know what you’re eating ahead of schedule. Don't eat out as much and make eating out a treat once per month. Try to schedule your workouts at the same time on workout days. For example, going straight to the gym after work will make it feel more like a routine rather than a chore.
There is no easy way to lose overall body fat in order to firm up and tone flabby arms and lose upper arm fat. It is hard work, no doubt, but stick with it and you will notice over time how it becomes a part of your everyday life. You can get rid of flabby arms fast, but remember that you want to stop targeting your upper arm fat and perform more exercises that will help you lose overall body fat. Work hard, eat smart, and don’t give up. Good luck and much success.
If you'd like to see how I lost 6 pounds in 3 days read my 7 DAY GM DIET REVIEW.
Are you male or female? It would be interesting to know if we have any male readers with upper arm fat issues.Thanks for participating.See results without voting
More by this Author
Learn how to get a bigger, rounder butt with daily workout routines and nutrition tips.
Shortcuts on How to Get Curves Fast in all the Right Places, focuses only on those parts that make you look sexy the fastest.
Free Butt Workout Plan and Exercise Routines for Women. Find the best butt exercises for women that guarantee a bigger booty in 12 weeks.
No comments yet.