How to get name brand prescription glasses for free
Its actually pretty simple and fun to get free glasses!
I am one of those people who will wear a pair of glasses for years. Super glued, duct taped, whatever it may be, they look horrible but I won't buy new glasses. Whether its because I don't have the funds, or I just can't find a pair.
A few months ago, my glasses broke beyond repair. Being pretty blind and having astigmatism, I went weeks with migraines and blurry vision before one of my friends came over with her cute new glasses. I commented on them and how I needed a new pair. She told me I could get a pair for FREE.
I was obviously skeptical but I found the website, created an account and then found the facebook page. I wanted until one of their giveaways (they give away up to 10,000 pairs at any given time). It wasn't long (a few days) before a giveaway started.
Having advice from a friend certainly helped me out because the website gets overloaded by everyone placing orders. I urge you to read the terms and conditions of the giveaway because if your prescription is too high, or you need bifocals, you will need to pay extra for your lenses. (Still cheaper than buying glasses though!). Make sure you read through the facts of each give away before participating.
Here are the steps I took, in the order I did them. Its very important to be prepared because like I said, the website gets overloaded with all the people trying to get free glasses.
1. I went to the website and signed up for an account. (click here to sign up!)
2. I went to their facebook and signed up (click on the word "facebook" to sign up)
3. I went to the info page on their FB to find out the date of the next glasses give away.
4. I found my glasses prescription. I looked to make sure it had all the information. I made sure to look for my PD measurement. There WAS NOT one on my prescription, and there isn't one on most. You will have to go get measured. Most glasses places will do it for free, I had mine done in walmart for free.
5. I went back to the website and searched for glasses I wanted. I saved several pairs, and input my perscription information.
6. On the day of the give away, I logged into the site 25 minutes prior to the giveaway. I made sure to have the glasses I wanted already in my cart, my perscription filled out, and my payment information also filled out. (for shipping) Once it hit the time (make sure to note time zones!) I completed my order.
It was as easy as that!
I hope you enjoy your new glasses! There is a give-away going on right now, and several more planned for the future so hurry!
More by this Author
I always had ingrown hairs, sores, boils...anything red and painful was somehow experienced by my skin. I was self conscious, and in pain. Sometimes I had to be careful how I sat, or how I placed my legs. I would get...
Ingredients: 5-7 Large potatoes, washed 1 1/3 c flour 1/2 c corn starch teaspoon baking soda 1 c butter milk Directions: 1. Slice potatoes into wedges. Do this by slicing a potato in half lengthwise, then...