How to Lose and Reduce Weight the Acupressure Way : Know your Acupressure Points To Lose Weight
How to Reduce Weight the Acupressure Way
The cheapest way to reduce weight is the alternative way of medicine or maintaining health which is also defined as holistic view of medicine and/or healing. This includes Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture/acupressure, herbal remedies, Reiki treatment etc. While there are millions of people in different society who have problems regarding their weight, the alternative way of medicine has solutions to it like acupressure. It is by far the cheapest one among the rest. All you need to know is to locate the points which triggers appetite to eat or cravings and other acupressure points relevant to it and there you go, you can have acupressure by doing it yourself. At the onset, I will say that you consult a trained acupuncturist/acupressurist at the start so that you will know exactly where are the acupressure points are and that you are doing the process in the proper way, The afterwards you can proceed to do it yourself.
The objectives of this article are:
- To educate the reader on the advantage of acupressure as a way of maintaining or reducing weight
- Take a brief discussion on what acupressure is
- Discusss in brief the benefits you can derive from reducing or maintaining your health
What is acupressure?
- Acupressure is a blend of acupuncture and pressure, it is a complementary medicine as well as an alternative way of healing which said to be used by our ancestors specially the Chinese thousands of years ago. In acupressure physical pressure is applied to points by the hand, elbow, or with various devices.
- Acupuncturists tend to perceive TCM concepts in functional rather than structural terms, i.e. as being useful in guiding evaluation and care of patients.The Acupressure Work Theory works in the same way as the Acupuncture way.
- "According to the principles of TCM, qi flows through the body via 14 primary meridians or channels. To strengthen the flow of qi,or remove blockages in the meridians, an acupuncturist inserts a number of tiny, sterile, flexible needles just under the skin at certain specific points (called acupoints) along the channels. There are four to five hundred named acupoints along the meridians, some of which are associated with specific internal organs or organ systems."
The Do it Yourself of Losing Weight Through Acupressure
- The first step is to find a local acupuncturist/acupressurist in the area to assist and guide you for the first time in doing it, afterwards you can do it on your own
- There are several several major pressure points help to regulate weight or stimulate "weight loss". The following are : --appetite control -- ear point, the spleen point which located just above the ankle and the the stomach 36 point located below the lower border of the kneecap." It is very important to look for acupressure points for the following : organs for water retention, adrenal glands, kidneys, stomach and large intestine.
- You will need a hand, body, foot and ear map when you begin the technique of acupressure to lose or reduce weight.You can secure a copy of this at the clinic where the acupuncturist/acupressurist are located.
- Stimulate and apply acupressure to the ear part where the appetite acupressure point is located, plus there is a space between your thumb and the finger apply pressure to it using your thumb.
- After locating all the acupressure points by the organs stated above, Hold the acupressure points for one minute then release it. By also looking at reflexology map which you are holding gently massage your foot. The key here is to locate the acupressure points related like the kidney, stomach and ankle. Massage your foot and hands using the technique taught by an acupuncturist/acupressurist
Other things that are needed to be done:
- Eat a well balanced diet, exercise regularly, de- stress your life by being positive and always eat in moderation. Drink lots of water as well. Live your life by maintaining a good health because a good health is necessary for a productive life.
- Remember that other serious illnesses like diabetes, heart problems are a result of a poor lifestyle and unmanaged eating habit
- Consult a trained acupuncturist at first then secure the necessary materials like pads, or specific instructions for you and where to locate the acupressure points
The power of traditional forms of medicine for the maintenance of health is a good alternative way in achieving a healthier you. Discipline is very important in health maintenance. Acupressure is a good way to lose weight or maintain weight because it is cheap and you can do it yourself after consulting a trained acupressurist. All you need to do it supplement it with other basic ways of maintaining health like good exercise, proper diet and good/positive outlook in life to avoid stress.
More by this Author
- 69Examples of Food Additives that Add Life to Food and Shorten “Life” : Why Additives in Food Are Harmful to Health
Have you wonder about what makes food lasts in cans, provide nice colors, thickens and what make it more appealing and you want to eat them right away? That is food additives in the making. How about garlic, vinegar,...
Color Your Day : The Benefits of Color Therapy. Color, color, color, color, it brightens the day and make you happier specially at times when you are stressed out. People have color preferences and usually they based...
Lucky and Unlucky Numbers in Chinese Culture The study of Chinese culture is very interesting because they have so much superstitions and beliefs like numerology, using the laws of heaven and earth (astronomy and...