How to relax and rejuvenate during a busy day
How to relax and rejuvenate
Sometimes we have days that are busier than others. Days where our schedules are filled with appointments, dead lines and engagements in between it all we wonder how on earth we will ever find that moment of relaxation where we can take a breather and find the energy to continue our tasks.
First we must remember the importance of taking the time to rejuvenate. Then we must make it top priority to do so. If you are running around from place to place consider making a pit stop at home. If you’re are in your office get away from your desk and find a spot where you can have a little time for peace. Even if you’re in your car, you can pull over to a quiet spot and have some quiet time.
You decide how long of a relax break you need, ten maybe twenty minutes. And keep in mind that those minutes you take to rejuvenate will actually help you perform better during the rest of the day.
Here are some tips to help you relax:
1. Turn off the ringer on all phones including the cell phone. If at all possible remove the battery from the bell to your front door if you’re home. Turn of all computers to avoid any noise that may suddenly appear out of nowhere such as those annoying little pop ups we get sometimes. You know the ones.
2. Find a nice cozy quiet spot where you can have some solitude time away from distractions. It may help to dim the lights a little, pull the shades down and light your favorite scented candle.
3. Sit in a comfortable position. If you have a favorite arm chair or recliner that would be great, you don’t want to be leaning your back against a hard surface that would defy the purpose of seeking relaxation.
4. If you have a CD with soft instrumental music feel free to pop it in the CD player. Close your eyes and take nice and slow but deep breathes in and out. With each breath feel each part of your body one at a time release tension.
5. Now relax. Don’t worry about anything, if you catch yourself thinking of your responsibilities or deadlines just shift your thoughts back to relax and rejuvenate mode. This is your oasis you deserve it so enjoy!
More by this Author
- 17How to get a life of your own seperate from your relationship with your partner, spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend
Do you think you may be losing yourself in your relationship? Are you more concerned about your partner’s life than you are about yours? Constantly worrying about their thoughts, whereabouts and what makes them...