How to treat heartburn or acid reflux during pregnancy
Most pregnant women are no strangers to the condition known as heartburn, acid reflux, or acid indigestion. Why? http://twentyyearmom.hubpages.com/hub/Why-do-pregnant-women-get-heartburn-or-acid-reflux There are, however, ways to treat it that will not affect the health of a fetus negatively.
Some tips to prevent or treat reflux are as follows:
- Avoid foods that you have noticed give you heartburn. For most women, the main culprits are spicy foods and carbonated beverages.
- Do not over eat. Grazing throughout the day would be a better choice.
- Don't eat right before lying down. It's better to stay sitting up for at least an hour after eating, to let gravity assist the acid toward its proper destination.
- If you must go to bed, stay propped up with pillows
- .If you must bend over, bend at the knee, not at the waist. Bending at the waist will only help the acid finish its journey towards your mouth.
- Drink some milk. The extra calcium will also be appreciated by your baby.
- Take an antacid chew, making sure that the chew does not include any aspirin, aluminum, or any other kind of pain reliever. If you are unsure about a certain formula, always consult with your physician.
- One teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water has been known to help. It may not taste the best in the world, but it is fairly natural and effective.
- Ask your doctor for a prescription for an approved antacid.
More by this Author
- 0How you can have a forum post or whole thread written about you removed from Topix, remove bad posts
Although originally created for spreading legitimate news, having intelligent debates and advertising community happenings, Topix.com has become somewhat of a venue foe gossips to post their latest findings to a mass...
- 1Your Severe Morning Sickness During Pregnancy Could Actually be a Condition Called Hyperemesis Gravidarum
First off, every woman who has had the privilege of experiencing pregnancy knows that the term "morning sickness" is very misleading. It should be phased out and replaced with a more appropriate term such as...
- 13How I Just Knew I Was Pregnant Before Ever Taking a Test or Having a Missed Period, including round ligament pain
Expectant mother uses her sixth sense to diagnose pregnancy. Earliest pregnancy signs and symptoms.
No comments yet.