Hypnosis in Practice: How to Write Your Own Positive Affirmations and Suggestions
Your Own Positive Affirmations
Goal of this article is to show you how to write your own personalized Hypnosis Suggestions or Positive Affirmations. The hypnotic suggestion given as an example is about communicating better with your Subconscious Mind, as this is the obvious first step. When you'll be able to communicate better with your Subconscious then you can write your own Positive Affirmations to achieve different, specific, goals.
Writing Your Suggestions
Hypnotic Suggestion Introduction
Suggestions are the therapy part of Hypnotherapy, or in this case of Self Hypnosis. Writing your own suggestions isn't very difficult, but there are rules to follow. Before going on be sure to read at least my hub on Self Hypnosis Induction here, but checking all the others of the Learn Self Hypnosis Series is a good idea.
Suggestions or Positive Affirmations to work are to be used after a Self Hypnosis Induction. It's nothing strange or difficult though. It's only a matter of connecting your conscious and your subconscious mind for changes to happen.
The goal of the induction is to get you, or your conscious mind, to communicate with your Command Center, that part of your subconscious mind that rules over your body, and your mind.
Communicating with your Command Center you can change things in your mind and in your body through Positive Affirmations.
Changing your Mind:
This is the easier task. Once your subconscious mind is shown and has accepted that a change is beneficial he will follow your directives, until you change them. For example it's possible to be less angry and to react better to life in just few days.
Changing your Body:
This is a kind of controversial issue, some people believe it's possible to change our body using our mind, some do not. I say this: our body is constantly changing and renovating, cells die and cells are born at every given moment. This means that somewhere, be it our DNA or somewhere else, there are directives that manage all this and maintain constant our overall appearance. Inside our subconscious mind. Psychoneuroimmunology demonstrates that our mind is able to influence our immune system; might it be that it can also influence other parts of our body?
Positive Affirmations aim at changing these directives into the ones we want.
Consistency and Focus are Keys to Hypnosis
THE KEY IS CONSISTENCY. We can't pretend to change by simply asking, we must focus our energy on the desired outcome consistently and every day until positive changes happen. This is how Positive Affirmations work.
This is also a safety mechanism, can you imagine what would happen if just desiring a change would be enough for it to happen? Would we change our mind or our body every other day? And what would would happen if we have one of those low mood days? When we hate everyone and everything?
You see? Everything is done to protect us, even if this sometimes in strange ways.
Rules of Successful Hypnosis:
- The only suggestion that work is the one you want to. If you are not interested in achieving the desired outcome than you won't achieve it. This is quite easy to see as regards hypnosis to quit smoking, if you are not very convinced that you want to quit or you think that it won't work then it won't work. What you believe you can achieve works in both senses.
- The only suggestion that work is the one that both your conscious and subconscious mind agree that is an important outcome to achieve. Changing requires energy and a certain dose of efforts, when dealing with habits (behaviors that the subconscious mind regards as good ones or automatic ones) or wishes for making your life better your subconscious mind won't follow you with your desire to change unless you can demonstrate him that it's the best way to follow and that the change it's worth the effort. The human being is made to get the most with the least effort. I'll repeat for clarity: Positive Affirmations do not work if you and your subconscious do not agree that the desired outcome will make your life better.
- Focus on one point at a time.
- Use the first singular person in your suggestion. You will be talking about you and to you, so it makes sense that you use the word I, isn't it?
- Use only positive words or sentences. This is due to the so called Law of Reverse Effect: if you say to yourself "I don't want to be angry" the first thing your mind get is be angry, which gives the wrong suggestion. If I tell you "Do not think of a white elephant" what's the first thing that comes to your mind?
- Be very precise with your words, avoid any ambiguity which could lead to misunderstanding.
- Keep you suggestion short, one or two sentences (one is better), simple and straight to the point.
- THE DESIRED OUTCOME MUST BE REASONABLE, for both your conscious and subconscious mind.Your subconscious won't waste energy if he doesn't believe that your goal is achievable within reason.And your conscious mind won't be able to direct the powers of the subconscious through Positive Affirmations if you don't believe that you can achieve your goal. You can wish to fly for years but unless you take an airplane it won't happen.
Basic Formula: I CAN, I WANT, FROM NOW ON
This is the formula I advise you to use. It's good because you don't force your subconscious mind to obey your orders, something that usually doesn't work even with our conscious mind. You start by acknowledging that it's within your powers and possibilities to achieve a result, you state that you want that result, you focus on the outcome as if already achieved or on the new directive as already working.
Imagination: after having finished with the suggestion take some time imagining that your goal has been achieved and how your life becomes better and/or easier. Use imagination, images if you are good at visualizing, feelings and sensations. Try to make it as real as possible. Positive Affirmations do work if coupled with Imagination.
Hypnosis Suggestion How To
Pre-requisite: having already done the Self Hypnosis Induction.
Desired outcome: establishing communication with your subconscious mind.
Say to yourself:
Dear subconscious, you know everything about me, everything about my mind, everything about my body, and you always struggle to keep me well and alive, you always do everything you can to avoid me suffering and to help me live a better life. And I acknowledge this.
NOW, I know I CAN communicate better with you and YOU CAN communicate better with me. A better communication between us will surely greatly increase the quality of our life in many ways; I'm sure you agree with this. So I'd like to establish this new permanent directive:
I CAN COMMUNICATE EASILY AND EFFICIENTLY WITH MY SUBCONSCIOUS MIND.
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE EASILY AND EFFICIENTLY WITH MY SUBCONSCIOUS MIND.
Repeat the above two sentences three times.
FROM NOW ON I CAN COMMUNICATE EASILY AND EFFICIENTLY WITH MY SUBCONSCIOUS MIND.
Repeat three times.
IMAGINE THE ACHIEVED OUTCOME AND FEEL HOW YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.
Maintain this structure but you are free to modify it until it suits you and you get results.
When you feel that permanent communication has been established change the suggestion in:
MY CONSCIOUS AND SUBCONSCIOUS MIND CAN WORK PERFECTLY TOGETHER AS A WHOLE.
I WANT MY CONSCIOUS AND SUBCONSCIOUS MIND TO WORK PERFECTLY TOGETHER AS A WHOLE.
FROM NOW ON MY CONSCIOUS AND SUBCONSCIOUS MIND WORK PERFECTLY TOGETHER AS A WHOLE.
- EXHALE AND CLOSE YOUR EYES
- 10 BREATHS RELIEVING TENSIONS
- 10 BREATHS 10 TO 1
- SAFE PLACE/COMMAND CENTER
- I CAN, I WANT, FROM NOW ON
- BREATH 1 TO 5
Do your self hypnosis session everyday until you achieve your desired outcome, during the day repeat as much as possible (at least ten times at morning, noon and evening) the I CAN sentence.
Believe that reaching your reasonable goal is within your possibilities.
As you have seen writing your own personalized Positive Affirmations isn't such a difficult thing once you've learned the basics. And using your own Suggestions will definitely let you achieve more easily your desired goal. The power to change is in your hands, and in your mind.
Hypnosis just speeds up a lot the process.
Dear Reader, if you liked this article please leave a comment, rate it and share it. Thanks.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.
- Learn Self Hypnosis: True Facts
A further introduction to self-hypnosis answering some common questions. You've already been hypnotized. Or you have already hypnotized yourself.
- Learn Self Hypnosis: The Best Mind Tool
Self hypnosis and hypnosis are not something strange, they are very natural indeed. This is a simple basic introduction to this amazing technique.
- Do you Know How Positive Affirmations Work? | The Hypnotism Weekly
The answer to how and why Positive Affirmations work is contained in just two rules. Follow them and they'll work even for you. Guaranteed!
- Post-hypnotic suggestion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- morgueFile free photos for creatives by creatives
Morguefile.com free stock photos
More by this Author
Using the right exercises you can have a good weight lifting training in just five minutes a day six times per week. On Sunday you can rest and relax. Isn't it great?
If you're suffering from OCD or Obsessive Thoughts then you need these two simple tools to clear your mind and leave free space for Positive Thoughts. Useful for any obsessive compulsive disorder.
One of the most common Psychic Abilities is Intuition, also called the Sixth Sense. It's a normal ability all of us have and you can learn to use it efficiently with this Self Hypnosis technique.